Serious worries about Wortox's healing ability

So.. he has that "healing allies nearby" ability, and that's the point our problem rises up.

'We can't know other player's hp exactly." We can't know how other players injured actually, unless the player tells how injured he or she is.

Maybe we can notice other people's hp quite approximately,

sometimes through server_only_mod, like show health and sometimes through status announcement,

but we should consider vanila situations. there's lots of people who doesn't use those mods.

Imagine two person typing these words with there bare hands while killing klaus urgently:

"Hey Wortox dude I'm on fire and just about to die"

"Okay I'll heal you How many hp remained"

"I'm 12 hp and my max hp is 75 because Im Maxwell you know"

"Right my healing does 30 per one shot then you need 2 shots so wait a second"

Well, guys, this is Ridiculous. We even know how much health other players have in the Forge.

I hope the function let us know other players' hp should be introduced to original game.

At least the devs should introduce some item that allows us to know hp into the game, as a QoL update.

It's called hitting the letter Y and saying you're low on health. It's how ppl do it during normal gameplay without mods.

I also just thought of this. Use the heart emoticon to indicate you need health. All you'd need to do is type ":he" and then hit enter. A good use for the emoticons I almost never use before, and will probably use now. Not that difficult imo.

heart.gif.5e0b957c31b1930132c6f5285dc1a0f1.gif

It's kind of like using a healing salve on a teammate (I think) Obviously you're not going to use it mid-combat, well Wortox might use it on himself but it's just a small addition that will be used like in base "Hey man can you heal me up a bit?". I don't understand why this is such a big deal to you, a lot of people don't play with friends anyways.

Nothing has a health bar by default and I highly doubt they're going to add one just so Wortox can know when exactly to try to heal someone.

49 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

It's called hitting the letter Y and saying you're low on health. It's how ppl do it during normal gameplay without mods.

I also just thought of this. Use the heart emoticon to indicate you need health. All you'd need to do is type ":he" and then hit enter. A good use for the emoticons I almost never use before, and will probably use now. Not that difficult imo.

heart.gif.5e0b957c31b1930132c6f5285dc1a0f1.gif

Well that's quite brilliant idea, but your opinion is situational, imao. There's some people who don't own that skin, and Wortox player still can't know other people's hp unless they tell it to Wortox player, in regular situation.

47 minutes ago, CrimsonEclipse0 said:

It's kind of like using a healing salve on a teammate (I think) Obviously you're not going to use it mid-combat, well Wortox might use it on himself but it's just a small addition that will be used like in base "Hey man can you heal me up a bit?". I don't understand why this is such a big deal to you, a lot of people don't play with friends anyways.

Nothing has a health bar by default and I highly doubt they're going to add one just so Wortox can know when exactly to try to heal someone.

seems that's not right. we'll defo use healing ability in mid-combat. Although there's no firm answer in this game. In base there's much more effective and comfortable ways to heal yourself. But situations like mid-combat, the instant-healing near allies feature does great advantage to other players. and yes, I don't play with friends. lots of dst players don't. but they co-operate with each other despite they are not friends. in other co-op games, we need to help each other players via healing, or supporting, even they're random-matching pals.

No, thing had a health bar by default in Forge, as I said. so there's a possibility to add that feature.

also you can't heal your allies with healing salves unfortunately. you can just give 'em to your allies' pocket.

Wait till Wortox's release, test it or watch videos of people testing it, and then can elaborate on what he can do and how. And ofc complain as am surely you - well not literally you, but always are people doing so - will, mostly in an overly subjective manner :cupcake:

Archived