The Ore Scrubber requires some rethinking

Firstly, the Ore Scrubber eats chlorine that's pumped into it. This makes no sense because the Dupes are just dropping the ore into it and spinning the barrel, the chlorine just leaves the game after use. 

Here are two solutions that could fix the problem

1. Make it so the Ore Scrubber needs bottled Chlorine and make spinning of the ore add some heat to it as well to compensate.

2, This one will pretty much redefine the building in a (mostly) better way: Make it so Duplicants deposit the minerals in the box and go on by, the building will then auto-scrub the ore and deposit the brand new clean ore into a conveyor belt output. This'll mean that the new Ore Scrubber will need bottled chlorine to first prime and electricity to compensate for the new change. 

I like the idea of using bottled chlorine. We don`t have any consumers for bottled gasses and we should have some. A crude early game machine like the scrubber is a perfect candidate for using bottled gas.

The second idea is great for a different more advnaced building. It would have a conveyor input and output and clean entering ore using high temperature or chlorine. It would also be the first building with conveyor input and output except the bridge.

10 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I like the idea of using bottled chlorine.

I would be more into this idea if the gas bottler wasn't such a PITA. The building needs a priority.

On 19/03/2019 at 12:08 AM, nonoxyl said:

I would be more into this idea if the gas bottler wasn't such a PITA. The building needs a priority.

Suppliers never have a priority though, just look at the Pitcher Pump.

2 hours ago, Yunru said:

That`s beacause it`s the consumers that order the job. The bottle emptier priority controls the priority of the entire task and any other consumer would do the same.

2 hours ago, Yunru said:

The canister filler, unlike the pitcher pump, has an empty storage button that allows you to clear it if it fills with an unwanted gas. As near as I can tell, emptying the filler is always a priority 5 tidy errand. I usually end up having to build the filler behind a door so I can force a dupe to empty it if necessary. 

The Ore Scrubber is generally useless currently.

Not only the Ore Scrubber needs rethinking, the whole germ system from the Outbreak Update is nullified since the Exosuit introduced.

Once you have sealed your base and set up an exosuit system at the exit, the germs become powerless.

The main way to get infected is through the water.

Some metal ores are smelted before actually used so its already sterilized.

Some other minerals are build into tiles and cannot infect anyone.

It's the water or the food that needs sterilization, not the ore, because we don't eat the ore.

10 hours ago, nonoxyl said:

The canister filler, unlike the pitcher pump, has an empty storage button that allows you to clear it if it fills with an unwanted gas. As near as I can tell, emptying the filler is always a priority 5 tidy errand. I usually end up having to build the filler behind a door so I can force a dupe to empty it if necessary. 

But why do you need gas bottles on the floor? It`s the same as having them in the machine when it comes to delivering them anywhere.

But why do you need gas bottles on the floor? It`s the same as having them in the machine when it comes to delivering them anywhere.

The filler only holds 10Kg. If you are not ready to do something with an unwanted gas in your filler, dropping it on the floor is infinite storage.

6 hours ago, nonoxyl said:

The filler only holds 10Kg. If you are not ready to do something with an unwanted gas in your filler, dropping it on the floor is infinite storage.

Just build a MOGOM variant.

8 hours ago, nonoxyl said:

If you want infinite storage you might as well use one of the known exploits. The filler is meant to enable manual gas movement (by dupe hands). You can always use a filter before the filler to get the gas you want.

Well i guess the empty storage task should have a priority. I can agree on that one.

Archived