Game Update 315751, The Modders Change-log!

• Developer

this is a full list of changes, including stuff klei might have glossed over in their patch notes!
(note: this is only code changes, it would be far to taxing at-least at this moment to go over image and animation changes)

• Component Changes:
    • The builder component now does a check for the tag "hungrybuilder" and removes 5 hunger if that was the first fast craft in the last minute.
    • The burnable component has a new property called ignorefuel, when burnable.ignorefuel is set to true, the fueled component doesn't start/stop consuming fuel when set on fire/extinguished.
    • The combat component no longer checks the fueltype of fueled entities when determining if they are burnable.
    • The combat component also no longer loses its target when it wakes of from sleep(the game state, not sleeping from like a panflute)
    • The deployhelper component now has a function called AddRecipeFilter(recipename), which makes the deployhelper only activate when the recipes added via AddRecipeFilter are being placed.
    • The herd component has a new property called nomerging, when herd.nomerging is true, herds can no longer merge with other nearby herds(duh)
    • The lootdropper component also uses the burnable.ignorefuel property to determine if it should drop its loot.
    • The pickable component got a off by on bug fixed regarding protected_cycles giving one more protected cycle than it should. (thanks Scott)
    • The placer component now uses WallUpdate(60 tps) instead of Update(30 tps) this has been handled in such a way that mods are unaffected.
    • A new component circuitnode which is used to connect entities to other entities within a certain radius.
    • A new component updatelooper, because klei got fed up with DoPeriodicTask being imprecise.
  • Prefab Changes:
    • The bugnet's build got changed from "bugnet" to "swap_bugnet"
    • structure_collapse_fx got a new material type called "none", thats silent.
    • The trunkvest_summer got the waterproofer component added to it.
    • winona now has the tag "hungrybuilder"
    • the following are new prefabs, which due to the nature of content wont be covered:
      • winona_battery_high
      • winona_battery_low
      • winona_battery_sparks
      • winona_catapult
      • winona_catapult_projectile
      • winona_spotlight
  • Misc Changes:
    • Priority has been changed for oval/shield portrait loading, see characterutil.lua@12
    • The engineering tab was added for winona
    • FUELTYPE.MAGIC was clarified to be a "V2C: use this one if u don't want there to be any associated fuel"
    • WAY WAY WAY to many changes to the skin system for me to even try to understand, let alone explain here, all that you should know is that if you used any "skin function" it more than likely got changed.
      • This is all the files that got changed in reference to skins:
      • image.thumb.png.2f6c7780d2e9f7708a7a1fa509d4fedf.png

that's all the changes for this update, expect these with every update that klei pushes!
for a more game-play related overview of this update checkout Game Update 315751, The Players Change-log!

Previous update: Game Update 304366, The Modders Change-log!

As always, if I got anything wrong, or missed something, let me know and I can take another look at the code.

Edited by Zarklord

16 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

according to them, it sometimes fails a tick, @CarlZalph reported some bugs relating to this,
this fixes it by making it use the OnUpdate function that components have.

The scheduler used in the entity timer has a precision of 1/30th of a second, whereas wallupdated components have 1/60th (tied to max framerate?  Not sure, engine restriction of sorts).  I assume the updatelooper makes it use the wallupdated loop.

That being said, the miscalculated scheduler ticks just make the entity timers always fire 1/30th of a second sooner than desired.  The timers aren't necessarily going to tick precisely as deviations can happen, so it may get delayed to a nearby frame from rounding.

Edited by CarlZalph

• Developer
Just now, CarlZalph said:

The scheduler used in the entity timer has a precision of 1/30th of a second, whereas wallupdated components have 1/60th (tied to max framerate?  Not sure, engine restriction of sorts).  I assume the updatelooper makes it use the wallupdated loop.

That being said, the miscalculated scheduler ticks just make the entity timers always fire 1/30th of a second sooner than desired.

it has wall update and sim update code.

5 hours ago, Zarklord said:

The herd component has a new property called nomerging, when herd.nomerging is true, herds can no longer merge with other nearby herds(duh)

Thanks to my bois and their campaign, goats are fixed!
Pretty interesting though that that's how the Volt Goat merging thing got fixed. Thanks!