Asking for tips to creating a new coherent and fun character.

Ciao a tutti! Mi piacerebbe creare un personaggio mod, ma non voglio essere equilibrato e allo stesso tempo coerente con lo spirito e la tradizione di Do not Starve Together. Se qualcuno ha qualche consiglio o opinione sarei felice di sentirli!

Grazie per l'attenzione, lunga vita a Klei! 

"IL CORRIERE"

"Ci sarà sempre qualcuno che consegnerà le lettere anche dopo un'esplosione nucleare, ne sono sicuro." (Quando esamina la polvere da sparo)

Motto: "Affermiamo che la magnificenza del mondo è stata arricchita da una nuova bellezza: la bellezza della velocità.Una macchina da corsa il cui cappuccio è adornato con grandi tubi, come serpenti di respiro esplosivo - un'auto ruggente che sembra cavalcare sulla mitraglia è più bello della vittoria di Samotracia. "

Curio Cabinet Bio:  diventare un corriere era solo un pretesto per sfuggire alla noia, e nel Constant non c'è davvero tempo per annoiarsi.

Vantaggio: 

• Il fuoco sacro olimpico brucia in lei.
  • Lei ha tasche molto grandi
  • Ha un codice etico granitico

Salute: 150

Fame: 150 Modificatore di fame:  perde il 33% di fame in meno rispetto a un personaggio normale per minuto.

Sanità: 200 

"The Courier" è il nuovo personaggio di Do not Starve Together! Con una personalità esuberante e tragicomica, al corriere era stato chiesto di consegnare una lettera da due gemelli allo zio "William". Non trovandolo in questo mondo, non ha esitato ad entrare nel Constant per trovarlo e adempiere al compito. La posta deve arrivare, e  si  arriverà!

Normally "the courier" runs 33% faster than a normal character and consumes 33% less hunger. She is a character thought to be a nomad, so she travels fast and has a slow metabolism.

"I'm not used to eating meat, it's the food of the rich. Am I rich, now?" (When examining meatballs)

"Never seen so much meat at once!! I'm not a courier, I'm a butcher!" (When examining the meat stew)

"Small, colorful, tempting... how much I wanted you as a child..." (When examining sweets)

"The Courier" begins with an inventory containing the "Letter of the twins". This object has no durability and has no uses. It can be equipped, allowing access to the tab: "Courier Tab" (with an image of a compass behind a letter).

The Courier tab allows to craft:

• Multi-purpose tool: It is the union of a shovel, a pickaxe and an axe. It has 1000 durability and is 50% faster when cutting trees or mincing stones. It makes 30 of damage. Recipe of construction: 1 golden shovel, 1 golden pickaxe, 1 golden axe.

"Things are quick or not done" (when examining the multipurpose tool)

• Subterranean tunnel: It's like an artificial worm hole. Two must be built in different parts of the world for it to function (or on the surface or in the Caves). Once connected, you can enter the tunnel to exit on the opposite side, with a loss of 15 of hunger. Construction recipe (for each entrance): 1 multipurpose tool, 4 wooden boards, 4 worked stones.

"Now the constant can boast a subway!" (when examining the underground tunnel entrance)

• Courier's bag: It has 28 spaces inside. Construction recipe: 1 sewing kit, 4 pig skins, 4 spider webs. Only "the courier" can equip it, the other characters will say that they do not know how to carry a bag so bulky.

"Without spacious bags I seem to suffocate!" (When examining a courier bag)

• Packaging paper: It is used to pack a structure and put it in the inventory. Ideal when moving. Recipe of construction: 4 papyrus, 4 strings. You can use it multiple times.

"If I can carry pieces of wall in my pockets, I can take a workbench with me as well, as I love my spacious pockets" (When looking at the packaging paper)

• Laurel wreath: When worn on the head, it runs 25% faster. It lasts 10 days before rotting. It gives +2 sanity per minute. Not for rain or damage protection. Recipe of construction: 12 flowers, 4 twigs.

"I feel  the sacred fire of the Olympics in me burning! A torch to me!!" (When examining a laurel wreath)

Disadvantages

"The courier" has a strict code of ethics.

• Then she will refuse to attack pigs, bunnymans and other players until they become hostile.

"I do not know if these pigs are people or beasts, but for me they are human enough" (When examining a pig)

• Every time she kills a pig or a bunnyman, she loses 25 of sanity.

"Maybe there was an alternative... I'm a courier, not a butcher..." (comments when she kills one of the two creatures)

• Whenever she kills another player he loses 80 of sanity.

"I'm a courier, not a killer... I'm a courier, not a killer... I'm a courier, not a killer..." (She comments hysterically when she kills another player)

• Not only that: every time she perpetrates an action that increases the naughtiness of the player, she will lose 5 of sanity. If her naughtiness rises above 15, she will refuse to perform other similar actions until her naughtiness is again below the threshold. (Yes, this makes it difficult for her to summon Krampus, but she does not need his bag).

"Poverty has not made me a criminal, neither does the Constant" (She comments when she reaches the threshold of naughtiness she can bear).

Conclusions: The courier is designed as a character for the most impatient players, who cannot stand dead times and want to focus on exploration more than anything else. Fast and efficient, the perfect adventurer in the strange worlds of the Constant!

"Sembri il ragazzo a cui devo consegnare una lettera vecchia di mezzo secolo!" (Esaminando Maxwell)

"Sei uno strano bambino, parli molto bene, sai scrivere bene?" (Quando si esamina Wendy)

"Sono curioso di sapere cosa c'è scritto dentro, ma non posso davvero aprirlo: non sarebbe deontologicamente corretto!" (Quando esamina la lettera dei gemelli)

PS: Grazie mille licet_insavire per aver corretto il mio post, con il mio mediocre inglese ho fatto diversi errori, chiedo perdono: 'D

Edited by Pop Guy

Refusing to attack peaceful mobs and players and commit maliceful acts is an interesting mechanic but I think your character comes out as overpowered. Faster run speed means being superior in combat and Courier's bag makes all of the vanilla bags pointless, including the Krampus sack (mostly due to how much easier your bag is to make than finding it off of Krampus)

On the flip side the the only real downside to your character is losing sanity, which many players consider a bonus rather than a negative. 

1 minute ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

the post isn't a list of tips, it is just a character info.

The advice I meant addressed to me, not in general. Maybe I was wrong to write, I did not want to be misleading.

13 minutes ago, RancorSnp said:

Refusing to attack peaceful mobs and players and commit maliceful acts is an interesting mechanic but I think your character comes out as overpowered. Faster run speed means being superior in combat and Courier's bag makes all of the vanilla bags pointless, including the Krampus sack (mostly due to how much easier your bag is to make than finding it off of Krampus)

On the flip side the the only real downside to your character is losing sanity, which many players consider a bonus rather than a negative. 

He does not refuse to attack the peaceful mobs, but only the pigs, the bunnyman and the other players until they become hostile (ie not trying to hit her). He refuses to attack all mobs that increase wickedness regardless of when it rises above 15 points of malice (The thing also includes hostile mobs like tallbirds or actions like "stealing" in Hamlet) In short, this can put it in really uncomfortable or thorny situations, I think. And moreover, it also loses sanity.

Couple problems:

- Fast but weak (can't attack certain mobs) Perks like these are almost never interesting, not to mention speed is the most valuable stat in the game, it should not be granted for absolutely no cost.
- Sanity-based downside. This is too overused and makes the character have no effective disadvantages to a lot of players.

There are some good ideas here, they just need work. Maybe try talking with someone who has a lot of experience with the game, or has even made a mod of their own?

A character with +33% run speed, those disadvantages, and none of the other perks, would be overpowered. Speed is the strongest stat in the game.

-If- I was going to revamp the character, I'd keep hunger reduction and the crafting tab, forget about the speed and laurel wreath. Nerf the courier bag to being like a piggyback without a speed reduction, or just passively have several extra inventory slots without any item being equipped. And I'd think of more interesting disadvantages, because as-is you just carry a meat near bunnymen and turn pigs into werepigs, which is... the normal way to kill pigs anyway. Sanity is a non-issue.

But then the character mostly becomes a matter of "craft some tools and wormholes and swap to someone else". Unless you just reaaaaally want a slightly bigger inventory and hunger reduction, which I guess is fair for people addicted to krampus sacks.

Edited by Tumalu

4 hours ago, Tumalu said:

Un personaggio con una velocità di esecuzione del + 33%, quegli svantaggi e nessuno degli altri vantaggi, sarebbe sopraffatto. La velocità è la stat più forte del gioco.

-Se- stavo per rinnovare il personaggio, manterrei la riduzione della fame e la scheda di lavorazione, dimenticando la velocità e la corona d'alloro. Nerf la borsa del corriere per essere come un piggyback senza una riduzione della velocità, o solo passivamente avere più slot di inventario senza alcun oggetto che sia equipaggiato. E penserei a svantaggi più interessanti, perché come-sei solo portare una carne vicino ai bunnymen e trasformare i maiali in waspig, che è ... il modo normale di uccidere i maiali comunque. La sanità mentale è un non-problema.

Ma poi il personaggio diventa principalmente una questione di "craftare alcuni strumenti e wormhole e scambiare con qualcun altro". A meno che tu non voglia semplicemente un inventario leggermente più grande e una riduzione della fame, il che credo sia giusto per le persone dedite ai sacchi di krampus.

I do not agree, but thanks for the opinion!