I was playing on my Hamlet/SW/RoG combined world the other day and I had a suggestion I'd like to put forth in regards to one of the items. Specifically the Thulecite Medallion, which is an item from Reign of Giants which tells the player which section of the ruins cycle they are currently in (ie calm, warning, active, etc.). One of the more annoying things with Hamlet is keeping up with the Aporkalypse, and while 60 days is more than enough time in between, it would still be handy if there was some sort of external indicator item that could be carried around and examined. I think the Thulecite Medallion would work perfect for this, and it'd give it some actual purpose in the game besides pointing out the obvious in the ruins.The balance would be that it can only be crafted in RoG, meaning it'd require world hopping to bring into a Hamlet world, making it relatively challenging to obtain, but actually useful once acquired. While it's more of a stretch it'd also be helpful if it could be used to indicate how soon the next eruption in SW is, although how this would be implemented I do not know.latest?cb=20170111143146The different stages could be used as an indicator of days left.

How about instead there would be the Aporkalypse Medallion? 2 Pig Skin, 3 Gold, One living log, and 3 Nightmare fuel (If the Aporkalypse is tied to Them). It looks like a smaller version of the aporkalypse clock, but cannot be used to change the time until aporkalypse.

18 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:

How about instead there would be the Aporkalypse Medallion? 2 Pig Skin, 3 Gold, One living log, and 3 Nightmare fuel (If the Aporkalypse is tied to Them). It looks like a smaller version of the aporkalypse clock, but cannot be used to change the time until aporkalypse.

It'd be easier for Klei to just use the Thulecite Medallion, an item already designed to indicate stuff (so it makes sense) and wouldn't require a bunch of new textures being added. On top of that it gives the darn thing an actual use, instead of having now to make two separate items for essentially the same purpose.
Also I'm assuming your clock wouldn't be able to change the aporkalypse calendar? Not sure though.

7 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:

The problem is you can't get the Thulecite Medallion in a Ham world without going to RoG. Time until the Aporkalypse is necessary information. That's why I think the Medallion should be available in all worlds.

I was considering that a balancing point to the item actually, since it'd require the skill to move from the Hamlet save into Reign of Giants and craft it at the Ancient Ruins. It'd still serve it's main purpose, but also the additional ability of helping out in Hamlet as well. The item would actually be super helpful in Hamlet, so making it difficult to obtain is fairly fitting.

On 2019-03-03 at 5:02 PM, Mr.Mulk said:

I was playing on my Hamlet/SW/RoG combined world the other day and I had a suggestion I'd like to put forth in regards to one of the items. Specifically the Thulecite Medallion, which is an item from Reign of Giants which tells the player which section of the ruins cycle they are currently in (ie calm, warning, active, etc.). One of the more annoying things with Hamlet is keeping up with the Aporkalypse, and while 60 days is more than enough time in between, it would still be handy if there was some sort of external indicator item that could be carried around and examined. I think the Thulecite Medallion would work perfect for this, and it'd give it some actual purpose in the game besides pointing out the obvious in the ruins.The balance would be that it can only be crafted in RoG, meaning it'd require world hopping to bring into a Hamlet world, making it relatively challenging to obtain, but actually useful once acquired. While it's more of a stretch it'd also be helpful if it could be used to indicate how soon the next eruption in SW is, although how this would be implemented I do not know.latest?cb=20170111143146The different stages could be used as an indicator of days left.

This is such a great idea. I think that you would have 6 different colors or forms to indicate how close you are to the aporkalypse in 10 day intervals 

Archived