Just a question

Did boiling polluted water make the same amount of water than filtering it?

(cause i remplace my filtration system with a boiling one and don't know why i run out of water, maybe i don't see that i use too much oxygen in few cycle, i play since 2000 cycle without trouble)

don't tell me get more water, i have only 2 steam geyser (bad seed....)

When you boil water, there's nowhere for the mass loss to come from except from the water.  It's a small loss as Dirt, but over a long period of time it's significant.

When you use the Water Sieve, you are also using Sand as an input.  The mass of Water is held constant, the Sand is destroyed, and an amount of Polluted Dirt is created (which, depending on pressure, will immediately begin sublimating into Polluted Oxygen).  I believe, if you can prevent the Polluted Dirt from sublimating, you get a full mass conversion from Sand to Dirt.

Ok so this is where my water gone....

Need to fine some extra water or sand supply cause it's hard with only 2 steam geyser

(or maybe come back with some mealwood to save water from blottom, need to rethink my base stability to have a boiler instead of filter)

Thank you guy

2 hours ago, Flydo said:

(or maybe come back with some mealwood to save water from blottom, need to rethink my base stability to have a boiler instead of filter)

Instead of switching back to a food product that uses an even harder to generate element (dirt), consider ranching things that eat common (hatches eat clay, stone hatches eat the useless sedimentary rock and the ultra common igneous rock) or completely free (drecko eat balm lily plants which require nothing) things. 

Combining the meat from these with the free pincha peppernuts on the map (assuming you haven't dug them all up), you can feed your dupes barbeque and save all that water on bristle blossoms. 

Edit: Also, are you making use of all the natural gas in your map? Natural Gas Generators give a decently usable amount of polluted water back when running. If my memory serves, 1 Natural Gas Generator running full time gives enough polluted water to feed 2 Bristle Blossoms after sieving.

1 hour ago, beowulf2010 said:

Instead of switching back to a food product that uses an even harder to generate element (dirt), consider ranching things that eat common (hatches eat clay, stone hatches eat the useless sedimentary rock and the ultra common igneous rock) or completely free (drecko eat balm lily plants which require nothing) things. 

Combining the meat from these with the free pincha peppernuts on the map (assuming you haven't dug them all up), you can feed your dupes barbeque and save all that water on bristle blossoms. 

Edit: Also, are you making use of all the natural gas in your map? Natural Gas Generators give a decently usable amount of polluted water back when running. If my memory serves, 1 Natural Gas Generator running full time gives enough polluted water to feed 2 Bristle Blossoms after sieving.

Yes i have most of my free pincha peppernuts, could be an idea to ranch more drecko, i have already one farm of them and the food it's appreciable (don't think about it sooner cause one farm of each type seems enough for me)

yes i use all my natural gas (and 1 natural gas geyser using all the time)

Just thinking about automation storage, could be possible to use it to stop my blossom culture when i have enough food and save water (most of the time i have about 500k 1000k callorie in my fridge)

But finally i really thinking of restarting a map (when the next beta come probably) to have more water geyser, cause i will be difficult to make enough liquid oxygen to go hunting the moo for using the chlorine geyser

5 minutes ago, Flydo said:

Just thinking about automation storage, could be possible to use it to stop my blossom culture when i have enough food and save water (most of the time i have about 500k 1000k callorie in my fridge)

I suggest using your fridge to automate a shutoff valve that leads to your blossom farm

Also I would suggest switching to mushrooms if water is scares on your map, it's easy to produce slime if you ranch some pufts

9 hours ago, Neotuck said:

I suggest using your fridge to automate a shutoff valve that leads to your blossom farm

Also I would suggest switching to mushrooms if water is scares on your map, it's easy to produce slime if you ranch some pufts

Fridge have automation signal? I miss this

I already have a mushroom farm and ranching puft, but for the moment don't work cause i stop mining slime, hoping my water production is enough (but it's seem not with a boiler)

Archived