A Flip-Flop, I think

Sending a signal to this causing the output to change from either on to off, or off to on.

image.thumb.png.25e9f59b55c1d00b327db8cc77bcba00.png

So we start with the hydro sensor representing our input. Next we have an AND gate to produce a second signal a tick after this first. The first turns on the memory circuit, with the second turning it off a tick later. This one tick pulse then goes to two AND gates, only one of which can be on. If the end circuit is live, the pulse goes to the memory cell's reset, otherwise it turns on the memory cell and the circuit. Finally we have a NOT gate, to stop the pulse from trying to turn the circuit on while it's already on, and an AND gate so that the circuit stays in sync (each gate takes 1 tick).

Probably not revolutionary, but I hadn't seen one posted (also want to know if I can cut down on the size).

Pretty sure I made one of these puppies back before memory toggles were a thing and it was much smaller like 3 automation modules but that was maybe a year ago and i am currently at work so I can’t experiment ill try when I get home but if you time to play try to do it with an x or gate looped back to itself with a not and an and gate that for some reason sounds right to me 

8 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

You just need 4 basic gates to do that. Hit some wikis, they apply in game.

Most helpful, thank you /sarcasm

Although technically the flip-flop part is only five gates, and one of those is just a 1-tick buffer.

4 hours ago, Yunru said:

Probably not revolutionary, but I hadn't seen one posted (also want to know if I can cut down on the size).

Very true. The first one (my own as posted below) got posted within 20 minutes of automation preview going live because it's such a useful gadget.

2 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

You just need 4 basic gates to do that. Hit some wikis, they apply in game.

In ONI you need 3 gates.

image.thumb.png.957d901b0a020877290c62ffa7af4b5c.png

If connected to a clock then it turn on every second cycle as an example.

And if you string a second directly on the output of the first then it'll turn on every 4th cycle. Perfect for Arcade Machines, Espresso Maker, and Jukebot as their effect lasts 4 cycles.

Just now, Epishade said:

Is there any application for this?  Or just some interesting automation gating?

I use it for turning on lights for things like private bathrooms, or for just making a multi-day clock (say for disinfecting water).

Archived