"Trench Stench" when Grimy! for too long.

I loved the idea from a while ago that grimy would eventually emit polluted oxygen (or change the oxygen around to polluted) and if the dupe is covered with germs the germs would get to the atmosphere. This way dupes covered with slimelung would become a problem instead of being a non issue like currently.

I also think we should get a lower tier shower building with manual water delivery (storing water for one use) for early game hygiene.

On 2/15/2019 at 4:16 PM, Sasza22 said:

I loved the idea from a while ago that grimy would eventually emit polluted oxygen (or change the oxygen around to polluted) and if the dupe is covered with germs the germs would get to the atmosphere. This way dupes covered with slimelung would become a problem instead of being a non issue like currently.

I also think we should get a lower tier shower building with manual water delivery (storing water for one use) for early game hygiene.

I don't think we need another source of polluted oxygen :) I would prefer to see actual oxygen pollution for once.

But I do like an idea of sanitation issue if dupes don't wash themselves for too long. Not quite sure, what kind it would be, though, because we already have mandatory hand washing. Adding "AOE" hazard just would make "passing through a shower" mandatory, i don't see any appeal in that.

I totally love the idea!
My vision of the condition.
Stages of grimy condition:
1. -5-10% morale.
2. 1+surface germs multiply instead of decreasing. Washing hands or exposure to chlorine reduces the number of germs, but not their population increase rate.
3. -20-25 to morale. + surface germ increase boost. The dupe spreads bad decor around and turns oxygen into polluted oxygen.
4. 3+ max immune system = 70%. Scratching. The dupe often stops to scratch himself for several seconds.

I like the idea of it being more severe as time goes by. Normal grimy status could do nothing other than making the dupe take a shower if possible. Next the dupe might get a stress debuff for himself and other nearby dupes. Finally the dupe would spontanously produce food poisoning germs on top of himself and stop to scratch (germs would appear after scratching).

I think stress and work disruptions would be easier to handle in the frame of game-play. Having FP germs show up for no apparent reason is it's own sort of problem.

Trench stench originally disrupted everyone the dupe passed by. I don't know if it had a stress response, but this is perfectly suitable.

Well if you play it on easy ofcourse it's not a problem! Try playing survival with more hunger, weaker immune system and grumpier mood. You could probably leave morale requirements and you'll get pretty much neat experience. If you want to go brutal mode and set everything to hardest, then complain it's easy, yeah then we need trench stench back.

Archived