Universal Blueprint Shops.

Seero

I have a suggestion that could prove useful in many ways and change how the game works slightly.

In the files of the game someone dug up something, contents for a new shop.

These shops had blueprints for items from the oddities sty emporium. Items such as the walking cane, eyebrella, Scaled chest. 

It made me think, Why not make a shop were instead of having randomized options you go in and access a list of items, What are these items you may ask?

These items are blueprints, but special blueprints that once you learn them, you can access its recipe in all three DLC's 

it's a list of specific blueprints that correlate to a certain items, it contains every shipwrecked blueprint and every ROG blueprint. This would make merged crafting entirely possible and extremely well balanced, and earned. these prices could range from

Bee Box - 200 oincs

to a dragoon den - 500 oincs. 

it would give late game players a way to sink their thousands of oincs for an extreme well earned benefit. 

Heres how the shop would work, You enter it and are greeted upon the shopkeeper and a printer, you put oincs inside the printer and it gives you an option to print a special blueprint based on how many oincs you put inside of it, it provides a UI with a list of item blueprints. Thats one of the many ways this feature can work. 

Edit: please put this in the suggestion section of the forum. made a mistake.

Edit: this is essentially a part 2 from my first merged crafting thread, The thread had abstract ideas created from nothing but ever since we found the data mine, and all the responses from the part 1, This part two should be a lot more refined, in the realm of possibility,  and most importantly a compromise for both parties with their different views of merged crafting

17 hours ago, Averagewx78main said:

I have a suggestion that could prove useful in many ways and change how the game works slightly.

In the files of the game someone dug up something, contents for a new shop.

These shops had blueprints for items from the oddities sty emporium. Items such as the walking cane, eyebrella, Scaled chest. 

It made me think, Why not make a shop were instead of having randomized options you go in and access a list of items, What are these items you may ask?

These items are blueprints, but special blueprints that once you learn them, you can access its recipe in all three DLC's 

it's a list of specific blueprints that correlate to a certain items, it contains every shipwrecked blueprint and every ROG blueprint. This would make merged crafting entirely possible and extremely well balanced, and earned. these prices could range from

Bee Box - 200 oincs

to a dragoon den - 500 oincs. 

it would give late game players a way to sink their thousands of oincs for an extreme well earned benefit. 

Heres how the shop would work, You enter it and are greeted upon the shopkeeper and a printer, you put oincs inside the printer and it gives you an option to print a special blueprint based on how many oincs you put inside of it, it provides a UI with a list of item blueprints. Thats one of the many ways this feature can work. 

Edit: please put this in the suggestion section of the forum. made a mistake.

This is PURE GENIUS. It would make Merged Crafting possible, but not so easy that it would be OP.

1 hour ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

This is PURE GENIUS. It would make Merged Crafting possible, but not so easy that it would be OP.

Thank you, it's a compromise i think all of us who either like merged crafting or don't can agree on

We can also make it more expensive by giving the shopkeeper/printer papyrus for each blueprint

Nice idea, but I'd like even more is blueprint shop that sells blueprints for something you can only craft by purchasing said blueprints. So, like, more rare items I guess. Something in between harpoon in SW and items crafted at ancient ruins.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:56 PM, magia said:

Nice idea, but I'd like even more is blueprint shop that sells blueprints for something you can only craft by purchasing said blueprints. So, like, more rare items I guess. Something in between harpoon in SW and items crafted at ancient ruins.

maybe both? 

10 hours ago, magia said:

I don't mind that, as it's unlikely that we would get enough items to fill an entire new shop.

Well heres the thing, i don't actually entirely understand what you mean by rarer items, i assume thulecite/obsidian related stuff.

i'd like to see outposts that would sell these kinds of materials in opposing to shops

outposts would  be like shops but on the outside, like a booth or something

and the whole reason for my idea for a shop with a UI that has a list of SW/ROG specific blueprint recipe was too incorporate stuff from other worlds into hamlet or vice versa.

These recipes would be accessible (upon using blueprint) in all worlds

which means you can make an ice machine in hamlet or ROG

Yeah, I get more or less what you propose. An shop in which you can create a blueprint that would allow you to craft SW/ROG/HAM specific items/scrutures everywhere. I think this could work by making a tab in crafting menu similiar to the one that appears in slanty shanty - you need to enter the shop in order for it to appear, and, you could "craft" blueprints with oincs.

My idea, which is based on yours, is simplier - shop like the other pig shops but selling blueprint item. The twist is the blueprints would be for things that you can't create without buying the blueprint (similiar to boundle wrap which you can only get after using blueprint dropped from queen mant / bee). So by rare I mean just items/structures difficult to obtain that can't be crafted simply by building alchemy engine/shadow manipulator.

1 hour ago, magia said:

Yeah, I get more or less what you propose. An shop in which you can create a blueprint that would allow you to craft SW/ROG/HAM specific items/scrutures everywhere. I think this could work by making a tab in crafting menu similiar to the one that appears in slanty shanty - you need to enter the shop in order for it to appear, and, you could "craft" blueprints with oincs.

My idea, which is based on yours, is simplier - shop like the other pig shops but selling blueprint item. The twist is the blueprints would be for things that you can't create without buying the blueprint (similiar to boundle wrap which you can only get after using blueprint dropped from queen mant / bee). So by rare I mean just items/structures difficult to obtain that can't be crafted simply by building alchemy engine/shadow manipulator.

our ideas are still pretty different and would probably be better as two seperate additions being added, instead of one or the other

Archived