DS for Switch has some real problems

Dalek

Guys, I love playing Don’t Starve while being on the road, and playing it on Switch gives me the great opportunity, but in its current condition it’s almost impossible to play it for a long time. It has 4 main problems:

1. Freezes 

Sometimes game just freezes and you can’t do anything about it except force-quitting and re-logging. Sometimes you can live with that, but when it does that after a long boss-fight or a hard ruin-rush, and you realize, that you need to do everything all over again - it’s a big issue, ya know.

2. Music

The same music doesn’t stop. The problem, as far I know, takes place only in SW, but it is still very frustrating, when the same track of the new dawn gets stuck on replay. Even at night, if you just hopped in from RoG. But the worst thing is the volcano erruption-track, that repeats after the erruption itself just ended, it’s not only annoying, it’s actually kinda scary.

3. TIME PARADOX

It seems, that in Switch DS Wilson modified the Seaworthy to a time machine, that can go only in the past. Every travel from SW to RoG and vice versa takes you back for ~10 days, or just to the day you were at the moment of last use, but I’m not sure about the second option. Fortunately, mostly it - strangely - doesn’t affect the seasons-changing, so you can’t back from spring to winter, but your calender constantly going back is annoying as hell. Do something with it, please, or at least add Benjamin Button as a playable character.

4. Map fading away

The strangest bug I’ve ever seen, that is also a sign of a soon crash - the world on the map just disappears. The objects, however, stay, but the map looks really weird, and after a couple of minutes game just crashes.

So, that’s the list of main issues with Nintendo Switch Don’t Starve, and I really hope, that they will be fixed soon. Please, guys, I can’t believe, that you’ll just let it be this way and do nothing about it.

On 23.02.2019 at 7:24 AM, kiwikenobi said:

We Switch owners have been reporting these problems for almost a year, and nothing has been fixed.

Are we doing something wrong, Klei? What are we supposed to do?

nabbit-dammit-naggid, I guess, they just forgot about us(

I would have gotten a reply to my message to Klei two weeks ago, but I neglected to reply to the auto-email confirming that I did, indeed, want a response to my questions since I couldn't find the answers I needed in their FAQ. Oops.

Anyway, I got a reply today, and what it boils down to is this: First, the Klei representative apologized for our feelings of being ignored. They said that if we're posting bugs in the bug tracker, they are being logged, and the people who do the Switch porting are supposedly being told about them so that they can be fixed. They apologized again that updates are taking longer than they would like for the Switch version, but said they are working on it. The representative asked which bugs were bothering me, so I linked a lot of posts where I and others reported the various bugs and glitches in the Switch version and sent it back to them.

So, here's hoping something happens soon.

Archived