No oasis or antlion desert?

Just make sure you've thoroughly canvased every space on the map. Biomes can spawn in weird places, and the ones that were tacked onto worldgen after-the-fact like the Oasis Desert can even spawn with nothing more than a tiny, few-tiles-wide entrance to them.

On 2/7/2019 at 5:38 PM, lifetheuniverse said:

Just make sure you've thoroughly canvased every space on the map. Biomes can spawn in weird places, and the ones that were tacked onto worldgen after-the-fact like the Oasis Desert can even spawn with nothing more than a tiny, few-tiles-wide entrance to them.

Agreed. Ive played a few worlds that I left the smallest edge unsearched for a min only to go back to it and it was a small entrance to the oasis 

It's the type of thing that can't be proven. You can't prove that it's impossible for a world to not have an oasis. You can't prove X never happens.  You can only prove Y does happen.

I will say I've probably played hundreds of worlds (I've had this bad habit of not accepting a world without a reed trap) and I've never seen a world without an oasis. I also can't say 100% it doesn't ever happen. But I can say 99%+

Archived