Winona rework idea

How about making winona's tape armor/tool repairable for a limited time?

for example)

2% football helmet -> 63% 'repaired' football helmet

34% thulecite suit -> 52% 'repaired' thulecite suit

this have been a hot potato since winona's character release announcement, you remember?

I like idea of mending tape being able to repair equipment but only the type of equipment that doesn't require gems to make or is made out of food. So no staffs, amulets or food based spoiling items. Of course it should be more expensive to make and to this idea I propose change to the Trusty Tape crafting resource requirements. What resources you may ask? Papyrus and Ewecus phlegm to be exact. Adding need to hunt down Ewecus adds a bit of risk to making the tape because you can spawn a Varg and it would make people care a bit more about hunting when playing as Winona. On top of that phlegm would be usefull for something new and it fits the tape crafting theme because it's sticky.

4 hours ago, Sivdun said:

I like idea of mending tape being able to repair equipment but only the type of equipment that doesn't require gems to make or is made out of food. So no staffs, amulets or food based spoiling items. Of course it should be more expensive to make and to this idea I propose change to the Trusty Tape crafting resource requirements. What resources you may ask? Papyrus and Ewecus phlegm to be exact. Adding need to hunt down Ewecus adds a bit of risk to making the tape because you can spawn a Varg and it would make people care a bit more about hunting when playing as Winona. On top of that phlegm would be usefull for something new and it fits the tape crafting theme because it's sticky.

I like this idea from top to bottom. I do think it should be able to fix armor and only armor though (I mean, most weapons are super cheap anyway, with the thulecite club being the most expensive, and is not really that expensive; and staves and amulets are a bit too magical to just be fixed with a simple tape).

MAKE HER DO STUFF FASTER!!! WHY PREACH ABOUT BEING EFFICIENT WHEN YOU PICK STUFF SLOWER? NOW THATS EFFICIENT!

Seriously buff her pick speed and walk speed but at increased hunger rate. She's burning off more energy by being efficient yet its the same. She will get hungry at the same time as wilson after picking 40 grass, she's just faster. Its like Wilbur's run where you will reach the destination with the same hunger as a normal character. Wilbur is just arriving at the destination earlier. Therefore i want Winona's speed to be just like Wilbur's where you do stuff faster than others but after the same task both of you have the same amount of hunger. Also nerf tape ingredients and buff usage. NO MORE CLOTH FIXING!!! I mean, who uses tape to fix their clothes?!?!? Fix armour and weapons instead. Tentacle spike gonna break? Tape! Armour gonna break? Tape! And then we have a great character!

i dont think the refreshes need to be that... uh, far from what we already have, like, i like winona as she is, and the tape too, i play her quite a lot, almost exclusively. i think a run buff is unnecessary, and that changing the tape to repair armour/weapons is bad too. really if you want to nag about efficiency, the run speed thing feels wrong, if anything maybe a discount on simple crafting material usage, and only a chance at that. say, if you craft a torch you have a 5% chance of getting one of the material components back at random, being limited to grass, twigs, logs, and rocks, and only when it takes more than one to craft the item you're making? idk, that doesn't sound completely ideal either to me, but it sure does sound more appropriate that what ive read here so far. aside from anything though, i would like to say that i would rather she stay mostly the same as she already is. Another idea is maybe start with a random blueprint (low-tier)? the refresh shouldn't be too complex, or too powerful one way or another. try to think of it from that angle, changing too much takes the character and gives you a new one that looks the same, adding too many buffs gives you advantages that just make the game less fun, if you want an op character, there's plenty of mod ones on the workshop that are way under-balanced. winona is very fun to play right now just the way she is, and while i'm excited for the refresh in march, seeing these ideas here kinda scares me, because if it ends up anything like these, well, then she just wouldnt be fun to play. heck, guys.

I'd love if she had her current tape as-is, and then a more expensive version of the tape that can fix anything non-gemmed, obviously getting some sort of downside in return. What that downside should be, the specifics of the mechanic, ect...

...well, we've been beating the topic of character balancing/trait reworks based on gameplay interest/ect to death since beta, so I'm holding my breath on anything noticeable changing till it actually happens. No offense, but we've been this long without QoL/fleshing out updates. Hard to be optimistic.

Archived