New regolith management examples request

1 minute ago, Neotuck said:

they can burrow though the plastic tiles so it's not foolproof 

I believe that's why he's got the transit access point behind the pneumatic doors.  Took me a minute to realize why it wasn't in the same room, but I think what's posted should work perfectly.

1 hour ago, Nitroturtle said:

I believe that's why he's got the transit access point behind the pneumatic doors.  Took me a minute to realize why it wasn't in the same room, but I think what's posted should work perfectly.

That's exactly why, you're correct.  While voles will try to escape open/closing airlocks, they stay inside steel pneumatic.  No idea why they're different, but it's very helpful.

18 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

I hadn't really tinkered with tame vs. non-tame voles before so I wasn't sure just how much sweeper volume I'd need to push.  I had extra space so I went a little overkill.

I believe a sweeper can pull 1 ton per sweep, which is enough to fill a loader in 1 sweep.  The receptacles are pretty pathetic at only 100 kg each, but the sweeping latency means that a single sweeper can only keep up with 2 receptacles with a full line.  The conveyor line is the weak link, so it really doesn't make sense to have more sweepers than you can move in/out on the conveyor.

@Neotuck I have, after a lot of time and energy, gotten this system to behave as advertised.  Thank you.   The primary problem I was having was not collecting (a lot of) fallen iron and some debris that was still inside the cooling chamber.

I think I'll just go back to aquatuning it next time.  The # of wheeze (ALL YOUR WHEEZE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!) and the time it takes to get the system equilibrium as you deal with continued regolith deliveries (40+ cycles so far, and I'm still not cool enough for solar) makes this need far more dupe and player time investment than I'd prefer.

16 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

@Neotuck I have, after a lot of time and energy, gotten this system to behave as advertised.  Thank you.   The primary problem I was having was not collecting (a lot of) fallen iron and some debris that was still inside the cooling chamber.

I think I'll just go back to aquatuning it next time.  The # of wheeze (ALL YOUR WHEEZE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!) and the time it takes to get the system equilibrium as you deal with continued regolith deliveries (40+ cycles so far, and I'm still not cool enough for solar) makes this need far more dupe and player time investment than I'd prefer.

Usually I leave the bunker doors closed letting the regolith/iron build up while constructing my solar panel system.  I let it get pretty cold before opening the doors

Archived