anyway keep constant size in pipe?

I recently have to deal with breaking pipe and other stuff

is there are someway to make sure certain section of pipe is 1000g/100g/10g etc? I know I could use value to limited the flow rate but sometime it will backup and blow everything(steam../boiling oil...etc).I need a way to save myself in case power failure or running out of input.Currently trying to removing steam from oil biome without 200000 unit of insulated pipe.limiting how much water some building take(oil well ,AETN,farm.etc so they don't waste energy or heat up themselves due too the resource I give them.

I understand the basic priority but it seem don't help lol. appreciated for any advise:D 

I think several of the automation items could help - that's what they're designed for, like the clock sensor. I use this to turn on my carbon skimmer at night rather than run that system all day.

Back when the polymer press had issues with overheating ( maybe it still does ), ..I used the clock sensors to cycle between 4 of them - gave them a cooldown time but kept the production of plastic going. Mind you, I did this in a soon-to-be-wrecked cold biome, but I intended to use the after effects accordingly.

Your best bet are the powered shutoff valves if you're dealing with gases and liquids - then there are the metered type vales - Useful enough to limit packet size. I would recommend sending things through in batches - you would use the shutoff to limit and some automation, timing, and other conditionals to control everything. FIgure out which of your producers is leading everything ( that is to say what's producing the most, and control that ). Most of the heavy machinery can be disabled via automation. If you need to clear out byproduct gasses or liquids - again, automation can be set up in your favor - One system runs - the other stays off until the conditions are more favorable.

I would advise against wrecking it down to the lava biome - you'll be dealing with gasses that have a tendency to want to condense sooner rather than later if they're only temporarily involved with a heat source.

I have yet to figure out exactly how 'packet-squashing-with bridges' works - this technique is most likely to be exemplified in later posts regarding this topic. Best I can do it back-up all the wrong pipes.

5 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

Back when the polymer press had issues with overheating ( maybe it still does ), ..I used the clock sensors to cycle between 4 of them - gave them a cooldown time but kept the production of plastic going. Mind you, I did this in a soon-to-be-wrecked cold biome, but I intended to use the after effects accordingly.

Polymer press still overheating now i think(i torn down my ranch and switch to polymer press thinking it more "advanced" ......and boom overheated in the first day

5 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

I think several of the automation items could help - that's what they're designed for, like the clock sensor. I use this to turn on my carbon skimmer at night rather than run that system all day.

I would advise against wrecking it down to the lava biome - you'll be dealing with gasses that have a tendency to want to condense sooner rather than later if they're only temporarily involved with a heat source.

I have yet to figure out exactly how 'packet-squashing-with bridges' works - this technique is most likely to be exemplified in later posts regarding this topic. Best I can do it back-up all the wrong pipes.

I made a temp setup that should work(still need 10 cycle more to finish making the super long line of pipe and install automation...

the room going to fill with LO2 ,reservoir exit to a semi self-running loop(rad pipe via a shutoff ,the value set to 1000g/s that go to rocket (off screen left side) any left over LO2 will come back via a bridge green exit from the top most left insulated pipe and join the semi-self loop ,this should block the reservoir putting in excess LO2 into the loop.I still yet to figure out a fail safe system(gas detector etc in case some unexpected back up lol or no power)

20190121220834_1.jpg

polymer press does not over heat if you do it right.  make out of steel and have it sit in the water it makes and it runs fine even in hot 60c environment.  just have mesh tile to its side to drain.  steel makes everything trivial.  even aquatuners can run in air inside of needing immersion. 

Archived