I'd like to debug Wilba to read books

Not sure how you'd do it with the console, but you can definitely edit the files. I haven't played with the game files in a while but from what I recall, doing this is as simple as adding 1 line of code that determines whether or not the character is a "read". By default, only Wickerbottom and Maxwell have this flag.

Adding the line inst:AddComponent("reader") in line with all of Wilba's other local functions in her .lua file should enable her to read books. That's just my best guess though, I can't test it myself and I'm not 100% sure where the correct line in the file is.

Just now, minespatch said:

As well as making the books not disappear... Hopefully.:wilson_ecstatic:

That I'm not sure. Unique character items are programmed to disappear from the world if the player is not playing the character they belong too. I'm sure there's a way to prevent that but I've never tried.

On 19.01.2019 at 10:44 PM, minespatch said:

image.thumb.png.b291342d9d8211b762f53427acd1b583.png

"IT already exists in prefab"... Yet books keep disappearing.:wilson_shocked:

hm the thing is: books have special script that remove them if no wickerbottom is around. That's the problem, you will need some mod to fix that

Archived