Add Early Bird and Night Owl to schedule editor

Which option to you prefer?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which option do you prefer?

• Add icon to dropdown list
    • Add highlight to duplicant's name

I was thinking of adding icons next to the duplicants name (ie, just to the right of Nisbet, Meep, Mi-Ma), but I found that the "Move Dupliant..." dropdown list has much more real estate/room to work (see red box). So I suggest adding the "Early Bird" (represented by rising sun, modeled by Jean) and "Night Owl" (represented by moon and stars, modeled by Gossman) in this space.

You would not see them in the regular view, but would need to open the dropdown, which shows Assigned duplicants in addition to those that could be moved to this schedule. This is a useful tool (suggested before, but without pictures) that doesn't overly crowd the Schedule Editor window.

20190105192710_1_2.thumb.jpg.a1174adf961a9d3bf4cd3e64d00f38f2.jpg

We could also just add color coding to the names for those of us that want to color code all the things. But even for me this seems excessive. I like little icons myself, but I still went ahead and created this example:

20190105204108_2.thumb.jpg.2fff99ca5f0b083354451445f11c6a6d.jpg

Vote for your favorite or suggest another way to indicate this. Bonus points for pictures!

On 1/6/2019 at 5:03 AM, Sasza22 said:

I`d prefer a yellow and blue bird icon next to a dupes head in the schedule screen.

I think a red robin with a worm in its mouth and a brown owl would be most evocative, but that's just me.  Love the idea of putting the icon near the dupe portrait, though.

1 hour ago, ruslanbes said:

Noo, don't implement this! I already got used to giving dupes surnames and have My Lindsay Nightowl, Hassan Narco and Max Earlybird. 

You can still do that.

I agree that this is a good idea.

It would also be nice to see when the early bird and night owl times are in the scheduler.

Archived