Automation for liquid oxygen/hydrogen loading

The simple solution seems to be ceramic pipes that loops back to the liquid tank, so the liquid can't stand still in the pipe and cool down. That means we need to have pumps running all the time and it just bothers me.

So how about a Memory Toggle that takes the Radar output from a rocket detector and a pipe sensor that detects when the loop pipe at a spot after the tank has content. That way the pump starts pumping when it sees a rocket arriving for fuel and stops when it's full. 

Take a look at my save I posted in this thread.  I use automation to control the pump.  A hydro sensor is used to manually trigger the fueling to start and it will automatically stop once the tanks are full.  There is also a clock sensor attached to each pumps automation that acts as a manual shut-off if needed.  The only reason it's manually triggered is because when I was launching research rockets I used it as a way to control their launches since they would relaunch as soon as they were fueled.  Now that I'm done with research, I plan to fully automate the fueling when rockets return, as you describe above.

If you just toggle the memory when you see radar output, you'll also start the pump when the rocket is taking off. Not the end of the world but a waste of power and temperature.

I personally filter the radar output by 120 seconds; with 100% network this still gives 80 seconds heads-up on landing. opens doors in time, and should completely eliminate the takeoff signal.

You could also AND the radar output with the NOT of the rocket output, this also excludes takeoff signals. 

OR gate with inputs Rocket Detection and Rocket Ready.

This give me a signal related to a rocket being landed and feeding that into the S part of a Memory Toggle, with the R part being a Pipe Contense Sensor at the end of the loop.

I could add in the Enable/Disable Rocket part to avoid running the pump while the rocket isn't intended to launch, but why wouldn't the rocket be launching again, it's an automated material retrieval system that should be running at all times.

Archived