Will hamlet sound files be allowed to be used by modders in the future?

Hello, I was wondering if it's planned in the future to allow modders to have access to the hamlet sound files then they can use them in dst mods and such.

As it is now when trying to open any of the sound files you just can't and if you manage to extract a sound it won't play anything :(..

21 hours ago, SuperDavid said:

Hello, I was wondering if it's planned in the future to allow modders to have access to the hamlet sound files then they can use them in dst mods and such.

As it is now when trying to open any of the sound files you just can't and if you manage to extract a sound it won't play anything :(..

8 hours ago, Roosev said:

They're encrypted. Cannot play them back.

Yes, they are encrypted, that's why I recommended a program used for playing encrypted files, here's a demonstration of me playing some of them

Youtube seems to not want me to upload the file so I attached it below if you want proof of the files being playable.

sound.mp4

and here's a screenshot incase you don't want to download the video

fdghsrtyh.PNG

1 hour ago, gary9996 said:

Yes, they are encrypted, that's why I recommended a program used for playing encrypted files, here's a demonstration of me playing some of them

Youtube seems to not want me to upload the file so I attached it below if you want proof of the files being playable.

sound.mp4

fdghsrtyh.PNG

****, that's even possible?

Thank you for this.

4 hours ago, gary9996 said:

sound.mp4

fdghsrtyh.PNG

Is there some sort of addon I need to install to get this to work? Because I am getting a error saying unsupported filetype

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format):
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dont_starve\data\DLC0003\sound\DLC003_sfx.fsb"

Edit:
Nvm I got it to work, I needed to download a component: vgmstreamer

1 hour ago, IronHunter said:

Is there some sort of addon I need to install to get this to work? Because I am getting a error saying unsupported filetype

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format):
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dont_starve\data\DLC0003\sound\DLC003_sfx.fsb"

Edit:
Nvm I got it to work, I needed to download a component: vgmstreamer

You, my good sir, are a champ.

Someone explain how to do this? I just got confused. I downloaded it, but can't open with it or run anything.

It just download foo_input_vgmstream.fb2k-component and I don't know what to do with it.

EDIT: Downloaded it, was on different page (why did you link wrong page?) and it cannot open the file DLC003_sfx.fsb :( (cannot read format)

@gary9996 pls explain?

13 minutes ago, Charsis said:

Someone explain how to do this? I just got confused. I downloaded it, but can't open with it or run anything.

It just download foo_input_vgmstream.fb2k-component and I don't know what to do with it.

EDIT: Downloaded it, was on different page (why did you link wrong page?) and it cannot open the file DLC003_sfx.fsb :( (cannot read format)

@gary9996 pls explain?

Hey, sorry for not explaining but here you go, watch this gif.

gsedhrj.thumb.gif.68dd6bc135bdd946a85a796f79bbe1fe.gifIf you still aren't sure how, quote me and I'll get back to you

Archived