Ideas for Trapped pig set peice?

2 hours ago, CossonWool said:

Treat it like decorations. In DST the obelisks are lowered when no players are nearby, so anything "trapped" can simply walk out.

They also stay lowered when you're insane.

I made a small base in one before as Waxwell by using two duelists and a digger and just stayed insane for the playthrough.

Use it to trap gullible people inside. It's really funny to see them try and escape.

Steps for the trap:

1 Telelocator Focus

1 Telelocator Staff

Some Glommer Goop & Cooked Green Caps to bring the obelisks down and up via sanity.

1 Gullible Player.

If you've killed a few Treeguards in your world, then you can use the living logs to make the staff and focus. Go down into the caves and wait around for a few earthquakes, and pick up the precious red and blue gems that drop occasionally. It won't take long until you've gotten 6 of each. Then, head back to your base and craft up a Shadow Manipulator. Craft the Telelocator Focus and Staff. Do not place the focus. Use the Telelocator Staff 4 times. Then, go to the Trapped Pig Setpiece and eat some Glommer Goop to lower the obelisks. Drop down your Focus in the center of the prison, then put in all 3 purple gems. Run out, chow down on your Cooked Green Caps, and go to spawn. Wait for some oblivious new player to spawn, then give him the staff. Tell him it's really good and it teleports you to base. Tell him it really decreases your sanity, and give him the rest of your cooked caps. Tell him they increase sanity. When they use it, go down to the trapped pig setpiece, and watch them try to escape. Most newer players really hate the idea of going insane, and will eat the green mushrooms as they go insane, practically continuing their prison time. You could tell them how to escape, or not. 

Hopefully their reaction will be worth all the setup time.

I do this every single time one of these spawn in my world.

Just do it.

The reaction is priceless.

9 hours ago, Master Jand said:

Use it to trap gullible people inside. It's really funny to see them try and escape.

The reaction is priceless.

I've seen someone dropped a whole lot of dark swords near a portal. So many people died from nightmares since then. Because they didn't know that holding dark sword without reason isn't a good idea. Whole bunch of skeletons with dark swords near them could be found all over the place.

Archived