Homeless pigs

I have 3 chests of silk = 9 x 40 x 3 = 1080. Not this much cause the 3rd chest is not full. Anyway I fell in love with the boomerang and it needs one silk, one charcoal and one plank to be made. Lets say I want to stockpile enough material to use all the silk I got.

1080 charcoal is 1080 trees or 1080 pinecones and 1080 planks is 4320 logs.

The hell I am going to chop all these trees by my own.

The only settlement left has eleven pigs and lots of clear land nearby.

Got 120 pinecones and planted real close together making a high density forest next to the settlement so the hired pigs will chop it fast.

Found one homeless pig wandering near central forest, hired him, took him to the settlement and put him to sleep with panflute.

Next day he was not there. Seems homeless pigs go to an specific place, maybe where their old houses were built?

Went back to the central forest and found 16 homeless pigs, all in the same place. Figured the place is the center of the map.

All homeless pigs go to the center of the map. This is important info and opens possibilities.

Homeless pigs will not respawn so better not use them for battle. The best use is deforesting and the best place to make this high density forest is the center of the map, the place where you will find them.

16 homeless pigs arriving at the settlement, rotballs in the ground are former butterfly wings, you can see the high density forest in the background just after the firebreak.

Posted Image

Just kill them take their skins and build more pig houses.

Turn them into Werepigs first.Guaranteed Pig Skin.

They will die eventually by treeguards. Until then their workforce will help me with the forest. I will not build any more pig houses because they cost stone and I am short on it. I don't need more pig skin, the 2 stacks I have will do in the new world start.

Yup.I meet them in in the wilderness

So maybe the map generates some homeless pigs too?

Anyway...

Two days but it could be one day if I used pan flute and rehired all pigs in the first morning. That's what it takes to get at lot of wood.

16 homeless pigs + 11 settlers + 120 tree high density forest = lotta wood in two days, maybe one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now I will replant the cones and leave the high density forest ready for another run.

So maybe the map generates some homeless pigs too?

Anyway...

Two days but it could be one day if I used pan flute and rehired all pigs in the first morning. That's what it takes to get at lot of wood.

16 homeless pigs + 11 settlers + 120 tree high density forest = lotta wood in two days, maybe one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now I will replant the cones and leave the high density forest ready for another run.

Wow.And what's that for a gravestone? R.I.P treehugger? :D