Florid Postern Resource Renewal?

Originally posted by: Felix-The-Ghost  in PS4 thread but without an answer

The wiki claims the spawn portal regenerates resources around it every 30-60 seconds, if none are found.

This reportedly works within a 15x15 "tile radius" which I assume is the same measurement of pitchfork turf tiles. I don't have any way of knowing, but I assume the area is a proper diamond shape from the tiles and not a circular radius with actual physical distance from portal.

I walled off the entire 15x15 radius and removed all flint, grass, berries and saplings, to seemingly no effect. Does this feature exist on DST? It seems minimally documented on the wiki so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I simply wasted my time/resources.

I have default everything, survival mode, online server mode, though usually I play local only. No idea what other variables could be a factor.

Another question is does it check/replenish each resource type or do *zero* resources have to be located to be regenerated?

Has anyone gotten this to work before?   (End of OG post)

I can confirm portal respawn but i dont know the exact mechanic and seems to take much longer than 30-60 sec, also i ve made a cave base near portal for testing and the portal spawned juicy berry bush in a regular beery bush world, also anyone know if this apply to cave florid postern (portal) as well?

No, I am 100% sure it happens on survival mode, I just don’t know the exact mechanics it just happens very slowly, I’d love to utilize it more for more berries and saplings etc in a long term world with disease

About endless and survival mode, the only difference that I know is that in endless mode player ghosts don’t lower sanity, you can revive from the portal, and the world never resets if all the players die. Any other things? 

I had tested this before and I didn't get it to work so unfortunately I can't speak to your original question. But now that you mention disease I have a question about it. I was also attempting to do the florid postern resource respawning to counter disease, particularly with berry bushes. Do we know the max distance that disease spreads at? aka How close can I put my berry bushes without disease spreading?

also devs if you're reading this can we please have some new item that drops or to craft that cures disease

pretty please

With twiggy trees and grass geckos the only real issue with disease is the berry bushes, portal spawn works but its very slow and random since i dont know the exact mechanic but there should be a way to manipulate it. About the spread of disease i dont know the exact distance but if u split your berry bushes it shouldnt spread to them(they need to get diseased themselves). You can test the distance by using saplings and setting disease to be more common. As soon as a sapling gets diseased move the others around it in 4 direction with different distances to test the range. i didnt do this because it still doesnt stop the inevitable of losing them by getting them diseased (each individually) although it will considerably slow the pace of disease with spacing.   

Archived