Liquid Oxygen and Hot Water

Okay so I have a large body of water that's about 80 degrees. I have a fairly robust method for cleaning and cooling down polluted water, but I don't have anything for clean water, certainly not at that temp.

I also managed to make some LOX which I wanted to use to cool the water down bit I'm not sure how to do it...

I thought about having some aquaturners but I'm a bit confused. If I use the LOX to cool them down... what do I do with the slightly less cold LOX after? If I let the oxygen go surely my base would end up pretty damn cold in no time?

I saw some people using the cooled water from the aquaturners to cool themselves but I'm guessing you can't do that now?

Thanks for any help. Probably answers out there but I got lost in the sea of info.

Could try using an aquatuner to directly solve the problem.

The aquatuner + Steam generator combo is great for cooling things down, and only requires steel to be functional.

The aquatuner sucks the heat out of your fluid, the steam gen cools the aquatuner down and gives some of your power back.

It cools rather quickly as well.

Under normal non meta-gamey circumstances, the steam gen seems really great at keeping things cool below 450.

I hadn't thought about heating up the water the aquatuner's in even more to create steam, that's a pretty good idea actually.

Also I was thinking I could cool down the water directly with the LOX, or cool down an aquatuner with the LOX, either way something has to be cooled which I should be able to do if I don't go the steam generator route, but it's what to do with that heat after that I was confused about.

It's my first time making LOX really, wasn't sure what to use it for haha.

3 hours ago, Convieo said:

I hadn't thought about heating up the water the aquatuner's in even more to create steam, that's a pretty good idea actually.

Also I was thinking I could cool down the water directly with the LOX, or cool down an aquatuner with the LOX, either way something has to be cooled which I should be able to do if I don't go the steam generator route, but it's what to do with that heat after that I was confused about.

It's my first time making LOX really, wasn't sure what to use it for haha.

Dumping it into liquid is incredibly underwhelming tbh - i've tinkered using metal tiles and drip cooling with excess LOX to cool small pools of water, and it's kind of "meh".

42 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Dumping it into liquid is incredibly underwhelming tbh - i've tinkered using metal tiles and drip cooling with excess LOX to cool small pools of water, and it's kind of "meh".

its not that supprising, you need about 4x amount of LOX compared to water just to even out the temperature difference between them.

5 hours ago, Convieo said:

Huh. So do people really only use LOX to make cold oxygen for their base? I feel like it would be too cold then. My SPOM seems to be doing fine with that. What other uses are there for LOX?

LOX machines used to be made to purify polluted oxygen without sand (which was non-renewable at the time).  These days, they aren't really necessary for that purpose.  You do get more oxygen per unit polluted oxygen, but people don't usually care that much.  The clean cold oxygen was used to cool the polluted oxygen, so the oxygen comes out at a good temperature.

Archived