How to get stock back?

That a bit dumb, if someone new doesn't know about it, they are screwed and you can't remove or regenerate the shop.

May be instead you need to give 50 or 100 oinc to have one slot restock? That would discourage, while still viable. We don't have bushes or grass dug up by farmer pig just because you steal, you can earn back trust by giving 10 oinc to guard!

And what if stealing shop only viable if you have swashy hat on and replace item in shop with something else the shop sells? Still giving naughtiness.

1 hour ago, Charsis said:

That a bit dumb, if someone new doesn't know about it, they are screwed and you can't remove or regenerate the shop.

May be instead you need to give 50 or 100 oinc to have one slot restock? That would discourage, while still viable. We don't have bushes or grass dug up by farmer pig just because you steal, you can earn back trust by giving 10 oinc to guard!

And what if stealing shop only viable if you have swashy hat on and replace item in shop with something else the shop sells? Still giving naughtiness.

I mean it’s not like it’s some big secret... it’s common knowledge if you bothered to read the patch notes. (It amazes me that people don’t considering how short they are). Anyways, it’s not a harsh penalty for new players, dying and learning is a part of the game. For example, you just learned you can’t steal things without a huge penalty, and now you won’t make that mistake again. That’s the beauty of Don’t Starve.

1 hour ago, Drewey09 said:

I mean it’s not like it’s some big secret... it’s common knowledge if you bothered to read the patch notes. (It amazes me that people don’t considering how short they are). Anyways, it’s not a harsh penalty for new players, dying and learning is a part of the game. For example, you just learned you can’t steal things without a huge penalty, and now you won’t make that mistake again. That’s the beauty of Don’t Starve.

What you mean "short"? I read patch notes, but I think I miss that might not understand some things too, where it was mentioned can you link?

1 hour ago, Drewey09 said:

For example, you just learned you can’t steal things without a huge penalty, and now you won’t make that mistake again. That’s the beauty of Don’t Starve.

Sound like with that anything with harsh punishment is just fine, balance doesn't matter, thank you :evil:

Still think it is stupid, because stealing from bushes can be paid off, why not shop?! It teach you not steal by you having to pay back debts, otherwise stealing from pig working that way and shop not give conflicting information to player, which isn't good.

You can have shop destroyed actually with new item introduced, which once you get is even less penalty than this, so why not give up-front possibility to remove penalty for player without finding weird stuff to give to queen to do it?

58 minutes ago, Charsis said:

What you mean "short"? I read patch notes, but I think I miss that might not understand some things too, where it was mentioned can you link?

Here you go:

You're probably upset because you lost an important asset in your world to this. Understandable, but, still, please don't rant. A lot of people on the forums were asking for a huge nerf, because stealing was totally overpowered.

Please consider that Hamlet is still in Early Access, so any update has the potential to introduce major gameplay changes. I'd advise you to read the patchnotes more carefully in the future, it's worth the time.

I might add: DS is a rogue-like game in which players learn the hard way.  If you don't want to learn the hard way (by dying or by suffering consequences of your actions in a save slot) then you read the wiki, or the forums, or whatever.  Complaining that the game is too hard or unfair for new players seems to be missing the point...

Archived