Polluted o2 vent into sleetwheat

So here’s my thought

polluted o2 from vent 

feed it to puft 

algea distiller convert slime into algae 

gulp fish tank convert polluted water into clean and algea into polluted dirt 

compost polluted dirt into dirt 

the numbers look perfect just a ton of cooling depending on how hot your o2 is but I can’t wait to get home and try this 

But the ratio of polluted water to algea then to polluted dirt then to clean dirt is exactly what is needed for sleetwheat 

it1/2 algea/polluted water out of the algea distiller 

1/2 algea/polluted dirt out of the gulp fish

making 1/4 polluted dirt/polluted water which both convert to clean dirt clean water using compost and the gulp fish exactly what you need for the sleetwheat 

all these numbers I got from the wiki not sure if they are right 

I wouldn't mind checking the numbers for you since I'm a big fan of farming dirt for sleet wheat

unfortunately I'm on my way to work right now so I can't check till this evening

But what I can tell you is that sub staining paku with algae distilled from Puffs slime isn't very substantial unless you are able to farm lots and lots of puffs which is unlikely with a single PO2 to vent

Better to keep the pacu Wild and collect the meat for compost, you'll get plenty of egg shells too

15 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

I wouldn't mind checking the numbers for you since I'm a big fan of farming dirt for sleet wheat

unfortunately I'm on my way to work right now so I can't check till this evening

But what I can tell you is that sub staining paku with algae distilled from Puffs slime isn't very substantial unless you are able to farm lots and lots of puffs which is unlikely with a single PO2 to vent

Better to keep the pacu Wild and collect the meat for compost, you'll get plenty of egg shells too

Haven’t thought about the critter consumption issue i do plan on using gulp fish that convert the polluted water into clean that might help 

4 minutes ago, peachkillu said:

Very quick math I think you can get 14 sleetwheat per gulp fish but you need like 30 pufts per gulp fish and they need a **** ton of po2 something like 900kg per day I think I hope my math is just wrong 

Unfortunately that math sounds right

56 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

As ever, pufts are crap. So are morbs.

Until Klei show them some love, any sizeable builds that rely on them generally become resource hogs due to how many you need.

Sucks, but it's just how it is.

I disagree. Pufts are great! Or do you think the 0.5 loss on the PO2 is a pain? Use the principle of, only-****-***-the-breeders. I came across a post with tips on how to get large puft colonies with little maintenance.

* A puft room with 1 or two pufts to produce puft princes.

* A puft prince room with 1-6 puft princes to produce pufts. 

* Egg dumping grounds filled with unloved pufts. (When I do this, I need two rooms, so my ranches aren’t constantly doing unnecessarily wrangling, but the principle is the same)

This scales pretty well to as many pufts as one might need. Since you only need to ranch/pet a few of them (2-8). And, 20 pufts can net you 150 kg of dirt per day off of 1kg/second of PO2. That’s already enough dirt for 30-35 sleet wheats depending on if you fertilize them. You’re likely to be running out of water before you have an dupe-unsustainable puft colony.

Searching the forums for the post is an exercise left to the reader. 

10 hours ago, Nickerooni said:
11 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

As ever, pufts are crap. So are morbs

I disagree. Pufts are great! Or do you think the 0.5 loss on the PO2 is a pain

i have done puft farming to slime to algie distiller to gulpfish to polluted dirt to dirt 

and believe me even with 1 po2 gyser its not worth it complete out of ratio gulpfish are demanding and so are puft they dont produce much slime to become sustainable 

@Lifegrow is right they sucks , they will be great if klei decide to tweak 

10 hours ago, abhiraz said:

i have done puft farming to slime to algie distiller to gulpfish to polluted dirt to dirt 

and believe me even with 1 po2 gyser its not worth it complete out of ratio gulpfish are demanding and so are puft they dont produce much slime to become sustainable 

Er... why not pO2->puft->slime->cooked dirt? 

I'll have to double check but someone on discord said that slime=2xdirt tile, which means it comes out at 1:1 slime to dirt after mining. 

Just now, ishakaru said:

I'll have to double check but someone on discord said that slime=2xdirt tile, which means it comes out at 1:1 slime to dirt after mining. 

I have cooked slime before and it only makes 1 tile

so it's a 2:1 slime to dirt ratio

but that doesn't mean it's a bad idea

@Neotuck

He said the mass was 2x. But even so, pO2->Puft->slime->distiller(looping pH20 into pO2 for pufts)->algae has a 25% efficiency ratio. Cooking the algae into dirt is equal to feeding it to pacu and then composting the pDirt. So looking at 12.5% vrs 25% cooked slime after mining with a 1x mass conversion.

The big problem with cooked dirt is offloading the heat, but that can be a problem for another day.

I did many test myself when I was looking for alternative ways to make dirt

What I found out is that you can cook fertilizer algae and slime into dirt, but there was no Mass change when they converted into a tile so all of them resulted in a 50% loss when mined.

Ironically polluted dirt does not cooked into dirt but it will eventually cooking to sand if heated up enough.

As for cooling it's actually quite easy if you have a cold room with metal tiles simply have a conveyor will run through those metal tiles and it will cool the dirt very quickly

@ishakaru what I liked was that I could drop my algea distiller in a 0 degree room with some gulp fish and a compost heap and my output would be exactly the right ratio and temp for a sleet wheat farm no extra water nobover production of dirt it’s just a done deal  

24 minutes ago, peachkillu said:

@ishakaru what I liked was that I could drop my algea distiller in a 0 degree room with some gulp fish and a compost heap and my output would be exactly the right ratio and temp for a sleet wheat farm no extra water nobover production of dirt it’s just a done deal  

I believe compost generates heat

2 hours ago, ishakaru said:

@Neotuck

He said the mass was 2x. But even so, pO2->Puft->slime->distiller(looping pH20 into pO2 for pufts)->algae has a 25% efficiency ratio. Cooking the algae into dirt is equal to feeding it to pacu and then composting the pDirt. So looking at 12.5% vrs 25% cooked slime after mining with a 1x mass conversion.

The big problem with cooked dirt is offloading the heat, but that can be a problem for another day.

It’s not even 12.5% if you use an algae distiller. Even if you recycle the pH2O to pO2, the best you can get is around 10%. That’s because the pO2 loses half it’s mass every time you turn it to slime.

To get 25% you have to cook the slime directly into dirt. You lose 50% from the pufts and another 50% when you mine it.

As for the heat: cooling 250 g/s of dirt from 130 degrees to 0 degrees is a paltry 0.065 kdtu/s. That’s nothing. Making it conductive enough to take out the heat is hard though. Dropping it on a metal tile is the best I can come up with.

Just now, Nickerooni said:

It’s not even 12.5% if you use an algae distiller. Even if you recycle the pH2O to pO2, the best you can get is around 10%. That’s because the pO2 loses half it’s mass every time you turn it to slime.

I did the math. I did it the hard way(base formula copied down 20 cells in excell), but it is indeed 25% of pO2 to algae. If you don't feed pH2O back into the pufts then the output is 33.3...%*0.5 or 16.6...%.

Archived