• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Zinnia the Dismantler DS1.4.1/DST1.5.1

8 Screenshots

About This File

This mod adds Zinnia as a playable character. She comes with her own hammer, and has custom dialogue.

Current Base/RoG/Shipwrecked Version: 1.4

Current DST Version: 1.5

Stats

- Hunger: 200

- Sanity: 75

- Health: 150

Zinnia is an insane, energy-consuming fennec fox from a mechanical world. She loves to destroy and gains sanity when breaking structures. She can make her own hammer, called the Dismantler. It can break structures faster than a regular hammer. It also can mine rocks and chop trees, but not as effective as a pickaxe and axe. The dismantler is also very effective against clockwork monsters and rock lobsters.

When Zinnia is insane (less than 25 sanity), she has a chance to accidentally break chests, ice boxes, crock pots, and other objects when interacting with them. This will still increase her sanity as though she breaks it intentionally.

Zinnia dislikes a lot of sharp things. She has a slight sanity drain when holding an axe, pickaxe, spear, or any other pointy tool. To avoid sanity drain, try to keep these things put away whenever not using them. Additionally, Zinnia can lose sanity using sewing kits and booster shots, attacking with blow darts, picking spiky bushes, and getting stung by bees.

Zinnia loves glowing things. She gains sanity and health from eating fireflies, light bulbs, glow berries, and bioluminescence. These are very useful for restoring stats while in the caves. Also, miner hat, lantern, morning star, and dwarf star gives sanity.

What's New in Version DS1.4.1/DST1.5.1   See changelog

Released

Don't Starve Together V1.5.1

• Beefalo riding hands added.
  • Added support for Mods in Menu (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880465230).
  • Fixed a bug where chopping trees with dismantler may cause it to become stuck.

Don't Starve V1.4.1

• Spoiled fish gives sanity when smashed.
  • Zinnia has gas mask speech sounds.
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yay! More furry characters. More exposure to the intrewebs.

I also hope she has little-man-syndrome, that would be great. Ya'know, cuz Fennecs are small, henceforth short. Heh? ... I'll take my leave now.

It doesn't help me eihter, it crashed.

If it's a crash that happens at the character select screen, that happened in V1.0.2 and should already be fixed in the current version.

If it crashes somehow else, I may need to see the error log to figure out the problem. It should be located in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt

It crashes for me too..Also, do you take requests for making new characters? I'd love to be able to play as one of my OC's ingame

It crashes for me too..Also, do you take requests for making new characters? I'd love to be able to play as one of my OC's ingame

I may need to see the log to determine what is causing the crash. (See post above)

Also, I don't take requests, sorry. I'm a bit busy.

Any word on when a fix is coming out so we can play it? I can't even enable it to try to play it as the game won't let me.

Any word on when a fix is coming out so we can play it? I can't even enable it to try to play it as the game won't let me.

Nevermind I'm an idiot. I downloaded 1.1.1 thinking it was the most up to date but didn't realize DST is Don't Starve Together. *facepalm*

How'd you come up with this character? Awesome mod! Also, perhaps you could add a back-story for how she ended up in the Don't Starve world? I'm quite curious as to how someone so seemingly innocent ended up caught by Maxwell. Perhaps she broke something she shouldn't have, maybe sucking in another character along with her?

How'd you come up with this character? Awesome mod! Also, perhaps you could add a back-story for how she ended up in the Don't Starve world? I'm quite curious as to how someone so seemingly innocent ended up caught by Maxwell. Perhaps she broke something she shouldn't have, maybe sucking in another character along with her?

I have come up with a backstory of how she came to be, which parts are hinted by her in-game quotes. Her story involves a mechanization project malfunctioning and endangering her pack and destroying food sources. She had to resort to eating energy plants, which changed her.

I would try to add a backstory of how she ended up in Maxwell's world, but I'm afraid of butchering DS lore.

ok... i must admit: it's REALLY GOOD!

the advantages Vs. disadvantages are well controlled (it sounded so boringly perfect to me... until the "involuntary hammering things" defect, is awesome!), the "bone" thing when strike by a lightning is a nice touch, the character design still not convincing me, but... it was good that you tried to imitate the aesthetic of the original characters (with the spiky lines on "her" pants & hair... but remind that the character's design is intentionally made like they look like "quick sketches", that's why they got that "bad colored" hair, like it was colored with a pen in a hustle, i feel the colorimetry is a little "flat" )

but looks pretty good and "solid" for me like as you're describing it. i'll give her a try...

(english is not my mother language, so sorry if you don't understand some things)

Every time I try using Zinnia, it works, at least until i try to save and quit, then it crashes, and locks me out of the save file. it states that the "global_loading_widget" is not declared.