• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

This mod makes it so any followers you recruit will remain your follower for the rest of their life. It was never intended for serious gameplay and I have no intention of balancing it out.

Tired of the werepigs? Try this mod.

I made this mod because it was requested and because I was just bored enough to actually make it. No, this doesn't mean I'll make your mod. Sorry, it's nothing personal.

Recent Changes:

-Fine tuned the code. Should now be more compatible with mods that add followers who aren't time based, if any exist.

-Fixed broken clockworks not following you when repaired.

-Fixed hatched small birds not following you.

What's New in Version 06/29/14 07:54 AM   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I don't want to be mean but is aleardy a mod like that

I had no idea another similar mod existed. Either way, it stays.

is named Best Friends

Yep judging from the Best Friends description it's pretty much the same thing. But as it says in my Friends For Life description, I made it by request.

Bug: when player die and revive in the torch stone, they are not follower any more!

Bug: when player die and revive in the torch stone, they are not follower any more!

Technically, it wouldn't be a bug if they stop following you after you die/resurrect since it's Followers For Life. It's never said who's life.

• Like 5

This mod is great fun!

Beware of having too many followers as they tend to block your campfire and it gets hard to add fuel.

Also don't forget to pay attention to the moon cycle, or you'll have a ton of pig followers who attack you when it's a full moon.

This mod is great fun!

Beware of having too many followers as they tend to block your campfire and it gets hard to add fuel.

Also don't forget to pay attention to the moon cycle, or you'll have a ton of pig followers who attack you when it's a full moon.

That has been addressed with the no werepigs mod.

Does anyone know why it doesnt enable i enable it in the mods menu and exit and go back in and it is disabled again

Does anyone know why it doesnt enable i enable it in the mods menu and exit and go back in and it is disabled again

Go to the modinfo.lua and change the API to 5

Go to the modinfo.lua and change the API to 5

If you have to change the API version to 5 then your install is very old. The current API version is 6, and has been for many months now. Try updating your Don't Starve install instead.

On 7/3/2014 at 11:12 PM, mouse said:

Technically, it wouldn't be a bug if they stop following you after you die/resurrect since it's Followers For Life. It's never said who's life.

*Never said who's life. Haha Love that comment.:p:p:p