• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

This mod adds a Development Tool - It have been crated by Klei, to help with testing Don't Starve and RoG DLC. File "devtool.lua" can be found in vanilla game, in prefabs folder. This mod adds a remade version of it, that makes it possible to use in-game, along with couple of features.

Devtool:

- can be used as weapon (range: 20, about half of a screen; damage: 10000)

- can be used as axe, pick, shovel, hammer and net; every action is instant

- creates large light spot around a holder, or around lying spot

- provides health, hunger and sanity insta-regeneration

- provides heat in Winter and (if RoG is enabled) act as cooler in Summer

- act as Walking Cane, adding speed multiplier (about 2 times faster than normal)

- has built-in prototyper, so you can prototype stuff anywhere and anytime

- if you want to build anything, provides necessary resources

- act as blinkstaff (you can teleport to a chosen spot)

- almost every feature is configurable in mod configuration screen

I'm uploading it here as a mod, because it really helps testing mods. It doesn't have a crafting recipe (obviously), so, Here as a console command that you have to type in console to get it:

c_give("devtool")

This mod is meant to be OP, because I made it to help testing mods...

Consider that before posting a comment...

Have fun with testing mods ;)

What's New in Version v1.0   See changelog

Released

• v1.0:
  • - first release
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I know this one xD I made it craft-able too but it was secret so I did not posted it here :p

I didn't copied your idea, it's vanilla Don't Starve feature hidden in game files, I only made it useable and added my feature of regulating temperature... If you don't belive me, look into prefabs folder for "devtool.lua"...

I didn't copied your idea, it's vanilla Don't Starve feature hidden in game files, I only made it useable and added my feature of regulating temperature... If you don't belive me, look into prefabs folder for "devtool.lua"...

sorry, i didn't read it carefully!

It took me five hour to write the codes for my tool, and it didn't completed yet, klei's dev tool is so perfect version@

Very good mod. But I want the version without hunger, sanity and temperature control. What do I need to delete in devtool.lua?

Very good mod. But I want the version without hunger, sanity and temperature control. What do I need to delete in devtool.lua?

You don't have to change anything, just give this idea, to add something like this in the mod config options ;P I will upload a new version soon ^^

• Like 1

You don't have to change anything, just give this idea, to add something like this in the mod config options ;P I will upload a new version soon ^^

Great news!

Ok, so I just updated Development Tool to v1.1, and I've added configuration options for:

- Hunger

- Health

- Sanity

- Temperature Mangament

- Long-range Weapon Toggle

- Built-in Prototyper

- Infinite Resources Supply

If you want to add something to this list, please, leave a comment below and I will add it to the list ;-)

Have fun testing mods with my tool ^^

• Like 1

What version of the game you are using? Press backspace while in main menu and it will be in bottom-left corner...

EDIT: I can make version without configuration options, all settings will be in 'tuning.lua'... I'm working on it right now...

EDIT2: Hold on everything, something went wrong with the upload... I'm uploading the correct version right now...

EDIT3: Done. Download and enjoy :grin: Sorry for my mistake ;-)

• Like 1

Please update. I have crashed... Maybe i do something wrong?

What version of the game are you using? If you don't have latest version, try changing api_version to 5 or 4... To find it, open modinfo.lua file in notepad... If you are trying to play with this in multiplayer - I'm not sure if this is working in multiplayer or not...

i try to add this to dst

1. open data/databundles/scripts.zip
  2. go to script/prefab copy paste the devtool.lua (take from vanilla)
  3. go to script/components copy paste the dapperness.lua (take from vanilla)
  4. close the rar
  5. open the game activated the mod (dont forget instal the mod in mod folder) and run the game
  6. spawn it, and its work

but wait...
there is problem:

1. all recipe is not open, but when click on the recipe you still get the material
  2. the regen is working (health, hunger, sanity)
  3. temperature raising to fast (the character fool hot)
  4. when the devtool is droped to the ground, will get crash prompt

so, if anyone can help, i apreciated so much

nb: sorry for the bad english