• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

10 Screenshots

About This File

These 2 mods let you add backpack and amulet slots, increase inventory, backpacks and containers size.
  The Neat version can display custom bar badges (health, hunger, sanity), naughtiness meter and thermometer above the inventory. It has custom UI art, too.

RoG and SW compatible.

• Customization options
  What both mods have in common :
- Backpack slot : Yes/No
- Amulet slot : Yes/No
- Inventory size : Default version : 15, 20, 25, 55 / Neat version : 15, 25, 45
- Piggyback speed penalty : Yes/No
- Backpacks size : Default/Large (backpack : 10 - piggyback : 14 - Krampus sack : 20)
- Storable backpacks : Yes/No
- Containers size (chest and icebox, not chester) : Default/Large (16)
- Colored slots (chest, chester, icebox, crock pot) and custom equippable slots backgrounds.
- Corner shortcuts (pause, map, rotate) : Show/Hide
- Further zoom out without the game pushing it back to default.

What's only in the Neat version :
- Custom badges : Yes/No
- Naughtiness meter : On/Off
- Thermometer : On/Off - Celsius/Fahrenheit
- Wetness value : Hover/Always show
- Clock text : Hover/Always show (for keyboard/mouse only)

• Compatibilities
- High chance of incompatibility with mods that modify backpacks, inventory slots, equipment slots or chests.
- Neat version : Not compatible with mods that change badges (health/sanity/hunger) unless you don't use RPG HUD's cutom badges.
- Compatible with Always on Status but custom badges are turned off automatically to avoid crashes.
- If you encounter crashes, make sure your game is up to date first then try runnig this mod alone. If it works alone and crashes with another mod, it means they are not compatible. You can let me and the other mod's author know about it.

• Playing with a controller
  When using a controller, the backpack content will be displayed in a single line underneath the inventory like in the vanilla game. However, since you can have very large backpacks, and in order to keep the UI nice and clean, the backpack line will never exceed the inventory/equipment line. Keep that in mind when customizing the options.

Example : 15 slot inventory, no amulet/backpack slot : the line is composed of 15+3 = 18 slots. So a larger Krampus's sack (20 slots instead of 14) would be sized down to 18 slots aswell.

Minor issue : If you disable your controller while in game, the very last (2-5) slots of your backpack may be inaccessible (Krampus sack + bigger backpacks + Neat 25 or Default 15). Just reload your save to fix that.

• How to install this mod
  It's better to disable the Steam Cloud feature for the game. Always backup your savegames, profile and saveindex before installing a new mod or you'll be very sour if something goes wrong. They are usually located in "..\Steam\userdata\<your steam ID>\219740\remote" or "My documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\save". Backup all the files found in those folders.

Extract the folder located in the archive to "...\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\mods" or the equivalent if you use the standalone version. Once in game, head to the mods tab and activate the mod (the Neat version requires a restart) then configure it.

• Quickest Q&A ever

Q : Will you port this mod to DS Together ? 
  A : No. I won't be making any more mods. But if someone wanted to port my DS mods to DS Together, that's fine with me. 

Q : How can I help you ? 
  A : You can give me feedback on glitches and crashes down below. If you are interested in testing RPG HUD before official releases, I created a steam group just for that. I'll put the newest files there and I would appreciate feedback. Here's the link to the group : Kiopho's Beta Testing.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback which helps improve the mods tremendously.
  If you like the mod, show it some love and rate it. :)
  If you have any issues or suggestions, leave a comment down below.

Don't Starve Error.png

What's New in Version 2.02   See changelog

Released

• 2.02 Various bugfixes and a general update for a better compatibility for the Neat version
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

What's the difference between the files labeled Hunger and the others ?

Hunger for Hunger build and the ones not labeled for the upcoming update The Stuff of Nightmares.

How can i install that? Becouse when i turn on this mode game can't find some file. How can i fix this?

Hi there, I'm  currently on vacation very far from home, but I still hop on the forums from time to time.

You need to make sure you have the adequate version (Hunger for "Hungry for your hunger" and no label for the nightmares versions)

Edit -- Also could you please upload a screenshot of the crash screen ? That would be very helpful.

This mod works perfectly with the new Update "The Stuff of Nightmares", so I don´t understand why it´s marked like "Broken". If the people that downloaded it not even make the effort to read the comments, can go to cry somewhere else.

• Like 2

This mod works perfectly with the new Update "The Stuff of Nightmares", so I don´t understand why it´s marked like "Broken". If the people that downloaded it not even make the effort to read the comments, can go to cry somewhere else.

Yeah I managed somehow to test it and it works perfectly. I don't know if I should keep the hunger versions (I know some players don't want to update right away) or not. Keeping them seems to confuse some users :s

EDIT -- If a moderator passes by, please unmark this file as broken since it isn't.

• Like 2

i dunno why this mod works for you guys, but i get errors with all version. Some files are missing and it still not work.

i dunno why this mod works for you guys, but i get errors with all version. Some files are missing and it still not work.

You have to download the files that are NOT NAMED by "Hunger..'whatever'" there is not big deal.

Hunger for Hunger build and the ones not labeled for the upcoming update The Stuff of Nightmares.

how can i use both this mod and campres, each time I am resurrected and the game will crash

how can i use both this mod and campres, each time I am resurrected and the game will crash

You can not expect that all mods are compatible with each other

You can not expect that all mods are compatible with each other

they both compatible in "hunger",  not in "nightmare".  I have tried to fix it by setting the priority, but not work though

i don't have access to the game right now, i'll try to take a look as soon as i can. Thanks for your patience guys.

Guys which one is nightmare version? 

There is no nightmare version you can download all files except the Hunger versions.

There is no nightmare version you can download all files except the Hunger versions.

Actually the nighmare version are those that are not named like Hunger version.