• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

This is a mod that makes sanity somewhat more important. Once your sanity drops below 33% of normal, your health will start to drop, 1-2 HP a minute. You'll have to get your sanity up to a reasonable number eventually, or you'll slowly die. Worse than starving!

What's New in Version 1.0   See changelog

Released

• 1.0: Initial Release

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Interesting... Vast majority of mods here are more or less cheats or otherwise making this hard game easier to handle... This one is different. :D

I think I'm gonna give it a try just to even things out a bit. Not that 1 HP a minute could actually be deadly as freezing, overheating or starving. ;)

Haha, thanks.

When I can figure things out a bit more, the damage is going to scale up, the lower your sanity is.

Also just a little suggestion but I guess being at 0 sanity should deal 3 damage/min

Suggestion: If you lose a certain amount sanity, then heal it, your sanity would slowly drain until it returns to that amount.

Yeah, the problem is that the shadow creatures will attack you only if your sanity is like 10 or 5 percent, or so? Better if you make it like hunger: health starts to drain when sanity is at 0!

health starts to drain when sanity is at 0!

That's actually better. I guess it should be like when  you reach 0 sanity you will start losing 1 health each 10 seconds, meaning you'll lose 6 health/min. From 33% to 0 you should lose 1-3 health.

That's not *quite* what I had in mind for this mod. I'll consider it.

It's your mod, you can do whatever you want! ^^

you should make it so that you start to look a little bit more crazy and things start to look creepy like bloody  like somethings have faces but anyway cool mod bro this is what it should have been like as in you loose health like killing yourself anyway cool mod.

As much as I like your mod it brings in several other hidden, not mentioned "features" that I would rather call bugs. Here are a few that I were accidentally able to find:

1. Pressing F5 key while this mod is active will summon lightning strike

2. Pressing F2 key while this mod is active will crash with this report

3. Pressing Insert key will kill the game instantly

4. Possibly more keybinding weirdings... haven't try any more

As much as I like your mod it brings in several other hidden, not mentioned "features" that I would rather call bugs. Here are a few that I were accidentally able to find:

1. Pressing F5 key while this mod is active will summon lightning strike

2. Pressing F2 key while this mod is active will crash with this report

3. Pressing Insert key will kill the game instantly

4. Possibly more keybinding weirdings... haven't try any more

Those are the Debug Keys for Reign of Giants. Idk if F2 is meant to test the error screen or not. My apologies, I must have left the debug keys enabled.....

Well one would expect an update with a fix as I am using other mods where these keys are actively used.