• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

modlogo_yb3.png

INFO:

»»» Here is now my first release of "Young Beefalo". It can be and will be your strongest companion in your journey if you protect him, feed him with berries, or plant things or wood, grass, care him! it's a very young beefalo baby when he get's in trouble he fight for his life and will focus anyone which hits him or his owner. Of course he have some favorite enemy's like Spiders or Tentacles etc.

NEWS:

• WIP: "Standalone" Version of the Young Beefalo without the required: "Youngbeefalo Homesign" & "Younghorn".

HOW TO GET THE YOUNGBEEFALO:

1. Find the "Younghorn".

(Where: Spiderqueen, Spiderhole, Graves, Deerclops, Monkeys and Monkeybarrels)

2. Build a "Youngbeefalo Homesign" and place it somewhere on the ground.

3. Now wait some seconds and the "Youngbeefalo" will spawn near to you.

4. Have Fun & Enjoy

Features:

» Accept Owner Targets: Fight in a Team together!

» Growing Stages: Gets Bigger, Stronger and Older in 4 Stages.

» Backpack Feature: (soon).

» Tree Chop Feature: (next update 1.05).

» Standalone Version: (next update 1.05).

» Health & Hunger Bar/Meter Display: (soon).

Youngbeefalo Homesign Features:

Research Level: Science 1

Recipe Tab: Structure

Cost: Boards 6x | Log 5x | Twigs 5x

Preview:

Version: 1.02 - WIN32_STEAM [uNTESTED API UPDATE]

Compatible: "DON'T STARVE BASE"/"REIGN OF GIANTS"

Bugs: PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE BELOW IN COMMENTS SECTION!

The MOD is still in development, so do not take it too seriously!

Thanks to everyone for using my stuff!

thanks & enjoy!

regards

DontStarver

InstallNotes v.1.02:

» Unzip: "YoungBeefalo 1.02 -untested-.zip" in your "Dont Starve Mods folder":

» "steamapps/common/dont_starve/mods/"

» Run: Don't Starve & Enable "YoungBeefalo 1.02 -untested-.zip" under "Mods" menu.

ABOUT "STEAM WORKSHOP" AND "DON'T STARVE TOGETHER":

NO ONE HAS THE PERMISSION TO SHARING/UPLOAD ANY PARTS OF MY MODS. THEY ARE ONLY FOR PEOPLE ON KLEI ENTERTAINMENT FORUMS.

ANY VIOLATION WILL BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY!

What's New in Version 1.02

Released

• "06.13.2014" » update - 1.02 - "API UPDATE ONLY"
  • "05.20.2014" » update - 1.01 - "REIGN OF GIANTS UPDATE"
  • "02.02.2014" » release - 1.00 - "ALL'S WELL THAT MAXWELL UPDATE"
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

how to get a baby beefalo 

find the "younghorn" if you have, then build the "youngbeefalo homesign" after some seconds the beefalo should spawn near to you. i'll make some videos.

• Like 1

how to get a baby beefalo 

Just read Younghorn Features:

- Is the Controller for "Young Beefalo".

- Location: Spiderqueen, Spiderhole, Graves, Deerclops, Monkeys and Monkeybarrels.

find the "younghorn" if you have, then build the "youngbeefalo homesign" after some seconds the beefalo should spawn near to you. i'll make some videos.

I only find the beefalo horn,is it?

i think there should be 3 stages of the 'young beefalo' 

Baby stage: this is only like 3 days and the baby follows you around. Right now it is scared of everything and it will run away from any agresive mobs. you need to manually feed it and it will not eat grass. its will also need food or it will die. does not poop very often on death will drop 5 morsels

Teen stage: This stage is 5 days. Now it will finally fight and it required less food and will eat grass if found. (keep away from grass farm!) it does nto have any natural enemies and will only attack if commanded. it is as strong as a normal beefalo. it will now poop like normal beefalo. on death it will drop 3 morsels 3 meat. 

Adult stage:This stage will last 3 days and then it will leave you. It is stronger than a normal beefalo with more health. its is still a nuetral mob and will only attack if commanded to. It will poop very often and does not need any feeding. On death it will drop 8 meat. and a 20% chance of another baby beefalo horn. it will eat grass on the the ground naturaly.

I think the food should just be cut grass because if you watch other beefalo carefully the grass on the grass.

i think there should be 3 stages of the 'young beefalo' 

Baby stage: this is only like 3 days and the baby follows you around. Right now it is scared of everything and it will run away from any agresive mobs. you need to manually feed it and it will not eat grass. its will also need food or it will die. does not poop very often on death will drop 5 morsels

Teen stage: This stage is 5 days. Now it will finally fight and it required less food and will eat grass if found. (keep away from grass farm!) it does nto have any natural enemies and will only attack if commanded. it is as strong as a normal beefalo. it will now poop like normal beefalo. on death it will drop 3 morsels 3 meat. 

Adult stage:This stage will last 3 days and then it will leave you. It is stronger than a normal beefalo with more health. its is still a nuetral mob and will only attack if commanded to. It will poop very often and does not need any feeding. On death it will drop 8 meat. and a 20% chance of another baby beefalo horn. it will eat grass on the the ground naturaly.

I think the food should just be cut grass because if you watch other beefalo carefully the grass on the grass.

thank you. you reached stage 2? it takes really long without cheat to reach all stages. why? simple answer: unfinished / work in progress. i will change things for sure so i'll take your suggestion.

regards

sounds interesting, but weird that you get him with a sign post! And in the info, you sound a bit naive :~

sounds interesting, but weird that you get him with a sign post! And in the info, you sound a bit naive :~

thanks but none wants or needs attacks on a person ok? if you don't like so don't use it. easy and i can say it again THE WHOLE MOD is in work so calm down. you should think about: i'm not strong in english language maybe? it would be better if you telling me some stuff you wish for the mod.

regards

In homesign youngbeefalo only appears the option "Drop" 

I throw it on the floor and never comes YoungBefalo

In homesign youngbeefalo only appears the option "Drop" 

I throw it on the floor and never comes YoungBefalo

more info please, what you did.

you need the younghorn too not beefalo horn!

regards

Well, i have my young beefalo.  Not sure what he's good for at this point in his adventure, but there he is.  No game crashes as of yet and, until I read the other comment, I wasn't sure how to get (or how I got) the young beefalo horn.  I know on another playthrough I got it off the deerclops, but otherwise I wasn't sure.  One question though:  does he just take time to grow, or can you just feed him enough of whatever he eats to make him grow faster?

Thank you for your work.  :)

I think what you should add is when the young beefalo grows up into an adult he will not follow you but still be like your pet so you feed him be friendly to him etc. but he would not follow you anymore (might be like a Guard to protect your base )

Well, i have my young beefalo.  Not sure what he's good for at this point in his adventure, but there he is.  No game crashes as of yet and, until I read the other comment, I wasn't sure how to get (or how I got) the young beefalo horn.  I know on another playthrough I got it off the deerclops, but otherwise I wasn't sure.  One question though:  does he just take time to grow, or can you just feed him enough of whatever he eats to make him grow faster?

Thank you for your work.  :-)

thanks :) through time which is extremely long. but i'll take your idea for later.

regards

I think what you should add is when the young beefalo grows up into an adult he will not follow you but still be like your pet so you feed him be friendly to him etc. but he would not follow you anymore (might be like a Guard to protect your base )

thanks. i'll take your idea for later btw. the whole mod is in WIP: nothing is finished.

if i see there is much response. i will and can spend more time in work on the mod.

regards

why can't I  find "Youngbeefalo Homesign"? x(

I really want to play this mod, but I can't find it. should I restart the world?

@kennycookie

the reason why theres ingredients for building means you will build your own youngbeefalo homesign...

:)

• Like 1