• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Wisteria the Herbalist (BETA) 2.2

6 Screenshots

About This File

Meet Wisteria the Herbalist!

---

After much planning and many attempts at scripting and creating the sprite sheet, here is the fruit of my labor. It's a simple mod, but hopefully an enjoyable one.

-She takes a 1.5 increase to damage and healing effects from edible items (Or in the very least, from food)

-She also suffers from a decrease in sanity at the same rate as Wes.

She has custom dialogue and everything seems to be working so far. Play around for a bit and let me know what you think! There will be more updates for her in the future. I've got some cool stuff planned.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to share them!

What's New in Version 2.2   See changelog

Released

• Version 2.2
  • ----
  • Added a few more stats. She's more difficult now.
  • -She only has 80 health! She's a healer, not a fighter. Careful!
  • -Sanity wasn't degrading properly. It should be working now.
  • -Like Wendy, she doesn't hit very hard. Keep that in mind!
  • Version 2.1
  • -----
  • Nothing huge here, I've just uploaded her dialogue file.
  • Initially, there were many references to other OCs and the like within her file, but I feel they were too blatant and kind of took away from the whole experience.
  • If anyone would still like that version of the dialogue, you can download it here. Just overwrite the speech_wis.lua file in the mod folder. :)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I think she fits great in the game, but she needs something unique, like a garland that makes neutral some aggressive mobs. She's an herbalist, after all.

• Like 2

Here's a suggestion for you.

-Has an affinity with plants

Picking flowers gives her more sanity, things grow faster, and Lureplants are friendly.

• Like 1

I think she fits great in the game, but she needs something unique, like a garland that makes neutral some aggressive mobs. She's an herbalist, after all.

I love the sound of that! Thank you for the suggestion. :-)

Here's a suggestion for you.

-Has an affinity with plants

Picking flowers gives her more sanity, things grow faster, and Lureplants are friendly.

Oh! Thank you for the feedback, I'll look into this!

• Like 1

Hi there. I, too, have some ideas about your character.
1)Allowing her to restore sanity near flowers (like Evil flowers can drain sanity).
2)Growing stuff in farms faster.
3)Picking things like twigs and grass faster.

And beginning with, previously said, a kind of garland that have a unique effect, like turning aggressive mobs into passive ones, or forcing pigs and bunnymen into allies without giving food to them. This garland won't have a infinite durability and can be "refueled" with flowers, to limit opness.

What d'ya think?

Hi there. I, too, have some ideas about your character.

1)Allowing her to restore sanity near flowers (like Evil flowers can drain sanity).

2)Growing stuff in farms faster.

3)Picking things like twigs and grass faster.

And beginning with, previously said, a kind of garland that have a unique effect, like turning aggressive mobs into passive ones, or forcing pigs and bunnymen into allies without giving food to them. This garland won't have a infinite durability and can be "refueled" with flowers, to limit opness.

What d'ya think?

I think those are wonderful ideas! I'm not all that talented with coding myself, so some of the more complicated suggestions may take some time... however, the sanity gain and gathering speed shouldn't be terribly difficult to manage. :)

I very much appreciate the comment and suggestion! Thanks so much! ♥

I think those are wonderful ideas! I'm not all that talented with coding myself, so some of the more complicated suggestions may take some time... however, the sanity gain and gathering speed shouldn't be terribly difficult to manage. :-)

I very much appreciate the comment and suggestion! Thanks so much! ♥

I don't have any talent in coding at all, I'm sorry... I only have ideas ^^

Maybe you can ask some help to other mod makers?

Edit: I played a little with Wisteria. I didn't have any problem, everything works perfectly! And I like all the custom references.

I'm hearing from two people that the mod makes them crash, with no error message. 

Is anyone else having this issue?

Found the solution! If this is an issue for you, verify the integrity of your game cache. That seems to fix it.

Well, I had an issue like that too. Just had to create a Wisteria folder in the mod folder of don't starve, unzip into it, and everything worked perfectly.

Hm why not make her so that when she eats somthing, she will *poop* out a flower? And if she eats monster meat, she will poop out an evil flower. And catching butterflies makes her lose sanity.

Hi mister moder ^^ i think your character have too much cons , and only one pro . think about the cave , fast loosing sanity , 1.5 damage , only 80 hp ..... gathering speed will not save you in the cave.

So i have an idea , give her the same book of wickerbottom for farming, and  why not increase her sanity to 150 to 200 , like wickerbottom. i think she will more balance with this change ^^ Maybe this modification will not be hard to code.

thanks for your work :)

@guiz I'm sorry! I intended for her to be a challenge and a little under-powered. Part of her character design is her low sanity and her low health. She wasn't made to fight and she is very weak.

I hope you will still enjoy her despite this. Sorry!

i really love this character but i can't using this mod in "all the well's maxwell". because it say in mods the mod is "out of date"

any solution ?

@guiz I'm sorry! I intended for her to be a challenge and a little under-powered. Part of her character design is her low sanity and her low health. She wasn't made to fight and she is very weak.

I hope you will still enjoy her despite this. Sorry!

hi , dont be sorry ^^ its your char after all :) , i take this for a good challenge. i will make many dragonpie to visit cave !

I like her. But too weak. hp is less than wes ? she serious illness?
my Operation is poor , but  be able to love her  please make hp120 ~ 150 version

I like her. But too weak. hp is less than wes ? she serious illness?

my Operation is poor , but  be able to love her  please make hp120 ~ 150 version

you just need to wear an armor , carry many foods and some candy for the sanity. i didnt found an another way to play this character.

where got candy ? i never see so far

you just need to wear an armor , carry many foods and some candy for the sanity. i didnt found an another way to play this character.

pls update to all's well that maxwell pls,,

The chars work on the latest update. You are doing something wrong. Maybe you are using mods that are not compatible with each other.

The chars work on the latest update. You are doing something wrong. Maybe you are using mods that are not compatible with each other.

i dont have mods either, this is my first one :/,, 

i dont have mods either, this is my first one :/,, 

Then you are not using the latest version of the game. On the standalone version aways use the "runme.bat" in the installation directory.