• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Wilson's Friendship Wand 1.0

3 Screenshots

About This File

This mod adds a new item to the game, the friendship wand! whenever you strike a foe with it, they will obey any command (or, yknow just follow you around and kill stuff for you) you give them!

Recipe - Friendship Wand

1 Blue gem

1 Yellow gem

5 Nightmare fuel

3 Living logs

Turns any creature you attack into a follower (There are a few exceptions like boss monsters and things)

Known Bugs -

Attacking a beehive with the wand crashes the game (I assume this is the same with spiderdens, houndmounds etc.)

Credits-

Main Coder Cannibalizer - @Blazingice26

Artist - @MilleniumCount

Quotes - @Ortorin

--------------------------------------

Special Thanks

@Malacath - For the tons and tons of help he gave me he pretty much coded most of it :razz:

@Cheerio - For making the followtheleader script from which this mod is based off of, and helping me edit it to what i needed it to do :-)

Compatibility -

Known not to work with the waverly mod, because they both use the "wand" prefab

What's New in Version 1.0   See changelog

Released

• Uploaded

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I really like how late game the wand is, like it should be, good job

Thanks, i was really trying to balance the wand to be late game, but also have the recipe sort of make sense as to what it does (e.g. blue and yellow do actually make green, and green (at least that shade) is generally a happy color, plus it also makes it pretty hard to get, reasonably so, considering all the mobs you can befriend with it)

I love the concept. I love the implementation. I love the fact that I am in it. =3

Altogether a good, balanced mod.

Again, I have to argue against you on one point... green always seems to make me think of baby poo instead of happiness, but that's just my own broken mind. xD

• Like 1

including minotaur ?

I haven't tested it, but as a rule it generally doesn't work on boss monsters

I can have only one friend :(

If you mean by the mod, could you tell me exactly what you mean?

if you mean that the other friend kills the one friend, im not entirely sure how to fix that, since im not sure if there's anyway of making a follower not attack another follower :/

this mod is nice blazingice but please if you update change the texture and don't post it only in the workshop.

I used it on a rocklobster and when I tried to leave the cave the game crashed, now I the game crashes every time I load that save game. anyway to fix this?

error message: don't starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua:214: attempt to index field 'follower'( a nil value )

I used it on a rocklobster and when I tried to leave the cave the game crashed, now I the game crashes every time I load that save game. anyway to fix this?

error message: don't starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua:214: attempt to index field 'follower'( a nil value )

Can you PM me a crash log and picture of the crash screen? Ill see what i can do about it when I get my comp. Back

it seems its not your mod that cause the crash but the game itself, I used the feeding method on rocklobster and still crashed when I exit the caves. I should probably need to update. gonna check the bug tracking forum if this is a known problem already. and yes, I started a new game, and yes it screwed me over the second time around! Ugh!!

If I may make a few suggestions, make it a 'cast' on wand instead of attack with it. make the followers follow the wand instead of the player, like an eyebone, so player have the options of making followers stay put.

If you befriend a Varg, does it still howl? If so, are the summoned hounds your allies too or still hostile towards you, and even to the Varg itself?