• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

A quick lesson on the realistic shelf life of honey:

Honey, arguably, doesn't spoil. In normal storage conditions, it will only thicken and crystallize. You can return it to it's normal, non-crystallized state by putting it in a glass jar(if it's not already in one) and putting that jar into a pot of boiling water. The heat will cause it to decrystallize and become as good as new! Just don't heat the honey to it's boiling point as that will make it lose some of it's flavor.

What that means to this mod:

This mod allows you to cook honey over a campfire to get a fresh unit of honey. Also, instead of turning into rot, it will now turn into a new prefab, "crystallized honey", which doesn't spoil and can also be cooked over a fire for a fresh unit of honey. Eating crystallized honey without cooking it first will cause a slight sanity loss and it has a hunger value that's about a third of normal honey.

Changes:

-Increased honey's spoilage level when cooked over a fire.

-Adjusted the shelf life of honey again.

-Added a new prefab "crystallized honey". See above for how it works.

-Doubled the spoil time of honey.

If you have any issues, suggestions or comments, please feel free to leave them.

What's New in Version 06/16/14 04:20 AM   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Nice mod dude,now honey at DS was more realistic & i love honey too :grin:

I'm glad you enjoy it. :-)

im cant go to mods menu when i clicked to that its crashed

Your game crashes every time you try to view your mods menu? If you have the Steam version, try verifying your game files. Right click Don't Starve in your library and go to properties. The select the local files tab and click "verify integrity of game cache".

The mod doesn't appear in the menu of mods, i don't know if i need something, steam, chrome...I was buy the game yesterday, please help me, that happens with all the mods D: 

The mod doesn't appear in the menu of mods, i don't know if i need something, steam, chrome...I was buy the game yesterday, please help me, that happens with all the mods D:

The mods go into your Don't Starve mods folder. For the Steam version, locate your steamapps folder and find /steamapps/common/dont_starve/mods/ then extract the mod folder into that folder. For example, to install this mod the directory path should read, /steamapps/common/dont_starve/mods/mrhoney/. I hope this helps. Let me know if you still can't get it to work.

I get tons of honey from my 2 bee hives, more than I could ever hope to use, so this is very helpful for me. :)