• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

What this does:

This mod increases Chester's , Abigail's, small birds', teen birds' and even recruited pigs' run speed so now you don't have to keep stopping and waiting for them when you're running along a road.

I also included is a separate optional mod that makes them invincible.

New version!

I completely rewrote the code from the ground up. Now EVERYTHING that follows you will get a speed boost(in theory). This includes but is not limited to: Abigail, Chester, Pigs, Rock Lobsters, and even Beefalo when you sound the horn to make them follow you. Now obviously, I can't test everything myself. That's where you come in. If you find something funky happening with your followers' movement speed, and you're completely sure it's only my mod that's doing it, report it so I can fix it.

Changes:

-Fixed speed boosts not being applied to Chester if the eyebone goes into your backpack when you pick it up for the first time.

-Completely rewrote the code. Now EVERYTHING that follows you should move faster.

-Created and included a new sub-mod for giving followers godmode as requested.

-Now recruited pigs also get a speed boost but only while they're following you.

-Increased the run speed for hopping followers, IE Chester and small birds.

-Added support for teenbirds.

How to install:

Download and extract the "faster followers" and/or "follower godmode" folders to your Don't Starve mods folder.

Start the game and go to "mods" in the main menu then select and enable it.

Thanks to Squeek for helping with pig followers - and by helping I mean writing that whole block.

If you have any issues, suggestions or comments, please feel free to leave them.

What's New in Version 09/11/13 03:27 PM   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

how about pigs?

I'm still working on that. I'm trying to get it so that pigs will only move faster if you've recruited them and it's being a bit of a stickler at the moment.

New update coming.

Hey,I love your mod,it is really usefull but I have a question,can I modify the HP too? I wanna make my smallbird invincible 

can I add "inst.components.health.invincible = true" in your mode or elsewhere?

Hey,I love your mod,it is really usefull but I have a question,can I modify the HP too? I wanna make my smallbird invincible 

can I add "inst.components.health.invincible = true" in your mode or elsewhere?

I've updated the download so now you can enable godmode for all followers. Or alternatively, you can pick and choose which followers should be invincible by commenting out(using --) which should not be invincible in modmain.lua.

For example:

--AddPrefabPostInit("abigail", followergodmode)AddPrefabPostInit("chester", followergodmode)AddPrefabPostInit("smallbird", followergodmode)AddPrefabPostInit("pigman", togglefollowergodmode)--AddPrefabPostInit("teenbird", togglefollowergodmode)
will give godmode to chester, smallbirds and recruited pigs only. Abigail and teenbirds will not be invincible.

I've updated the download so now you can enable godmode for all followers. Or alternatively, you can pick and choose which followers should be invincible by commenting out(using --) which should not be invincible in modmain.lua.

For example:

--AddPrefabPostInit("abigail", followergodmode)AddPrefabPostInit("chester", followergodmode)AddPrefabPostInit("smallbird", followergodmode)AddPrefabPostInit("pigman", togglefollowergodmode)--AddPrefabPostInit("teenbird", togglefollowergodmode)
will give godmode to chester, smallbirds and recruited pigs only. Abigail and teenbirds will not be invincible.

Awesome,I am really grateful,for a long time I tried to do this,thanks for your update.

Useful mod, thank you, can Rock Lobster run fast too?

I know I haven't responded to you yet and I'm not ignoring your question. I've tried applying similar blocks of code to rock lobsters and it does increase their speed for a short period of time but then they randomly go back to their default speed even though they're still following. I'm not sure what exactly is causing this but from what I can tell from looking at their prefab files I'm guessing it has something to do with their grow functions and I can't figure out a way to get them to maintain their follower speed. I might be able to figure out something later but unfortunately for now they'll have to be their normal slow selves.

Can you make Chester follow closer? He is always lagging behind and when I get far enough away he jumps closer to me but I was wondering if he can just kinda be right behind me all the time.

Thanks.

Can you make Chester follow closer? He is always lagging behind and when I get far enough away he jumps closer to me but I was wondering if he can just kinda be right behind me all the time.

Thanks.

I've spent a little time looking into that and since it doesn't happen with just chester, I would have to find a way to alter the variables globally for all prefabs. If I can find a way I'll add it to the mod but obviously I promise nothing.

BTW, I've recently completely rewritten this mod. The one on this page is the old version. The new version, that affects ALL followers, including rock lobsters, catcoons and others I haven't tested, is in the Steam Workshop. I just haven't uploaded it here yet because I want to be sure it's stable first.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179607917

and

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179608584

I also made this other follower altering mod by request:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=246296775

Again, I'll upload it here when I'm certain of how stable it is.

Thanks.

I agree with this. You need to walk a bit far before Chester starts to follow you. I wish to make the range a little closer.

Awesome mod BTW.