• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

For anyone who doesn't know:

Wood ashes are very good for your garden and almost all plants can benefit from them. In addition to ashes enriching your soil with the valuable nutrients your plants use to grow big and strong, they're also very good for detouring pests like snails, aphids and cutworms. Coincidentally, the nutritional value plants receive from ashes is the reason the rainforests have been decreasing over the years. The local farmers burn them down to enrich the soil for the next growing season. It's not aerosol sprays or car exhaust, no matter what your teacher told you. But as with everything gardening related, always make sure your plants are compatible with the product in question before you apply it.

What that means to this mod:

This mod allows you to use ashes as a fertilizer. Click it on anything that needs to be fertilized, the same as you would for manure, rot or guano.

Ashfarms have also been added. They grow crops slightly faster than improved farms but need to be fertilized way more often and are instantly destroyed by rain. This took so long to implement because I had to wait for the Six Feet Under update, which fixes many bugs with the ashfarms.

Changes:

-I want to say I updated it to be compatible with RoG but RoG is now stable enough to support ashfarms on it's own without needing me to change anything.(That's why I didn't bother updating it when RoG was still new.)

-Fixed crashes related to specific hud sizes. Thanks to HaZ_MiDNighT for helping me troubleshoot this.

-Added ashfarms by request. It doesn't function as requested but I'm the one running the show here.

-Fine tuned fertilizer values.

-Made wetgoop and fish, both fresh and cooked, valid fertilizers as requested.

If you have any issues, suggestions or comments, please feel free to leave them.

What's New in Version 10/10/13 05:29 AM   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I guess not mine people know that ash is a natural fertilizer or at least the people making the game.

I guess not mine people know that ash is a natural fertilizer or at least the people making the game.

Indeed it is. It also discourages bugs that want to eat your crops.

who're mine people? ^^

HOURRAH! You didn't abandonned this mod. Thanks mouse :-)

I wouldn't dream of abandoning it. It just hasn't ever needed to be updated so I guess the admins assumed it was abandoned. I'm glad you enjoy it. :)

• Like 1

Crashes on Normal mode... Would love to see this mod in action

Could you play until it crashes again then post the contents of your log.txt file to pastebin.com and send me the link?

When in the mod selection, it says "Crashed" in red and it won't enable at all.

Could you play until it crashes again then post the contents of your log.txt file to pastebin.com and send me the link?

I found out the problem!

Turned out i had forgotten to update the game.

I got the game via a GOG.com, so ya, i forgot the fact that i gotta update the game manually, and not via the shi*** Steam client madness.

Your mod seems to run just fine now.

I feel soo stupid :p

I found out the problem!

Turned out i had forgotten to update the game.

I got the game via a GOG.com, so ya, i forgot the fact that i gotta update the game manually, and not via the shi*** Steam client madness.

Your mod seems to run just fine now.

I feel soo stupid :razz:

Shi* happens. I'm glad it's working for you now. :-)

Excellent mod! Very good to use with Charcoal Burner mod that lets you harvest ashes from fire pit.

Well, I allways have enough rot to fertilize all the stuff from all over the map, so, not sure how much I need it.

Unless you tell fertilize values, it can change my mind.

Allright, sorry, can read lua files:
ash = cooked fish = rot = 2,5 day hours for farms = 2 farm uses = 0,5 wither cycle(3 berry,10 grass)
raw fish = wet goop = manure = 10 day hours for farms = 10 farm uses = 1 wither cycle(5 berry,20 grass)
Also your ash farms require 8,25 day hours to grow a crop vs 10 day hours of vanilla stone farm vs 20 day hours of normal vanilla farm.(maybe you should boost it? like 7,5h = 0,25? :-) )

Well, now, that I downloaded your mod, I should use it, aren't I? ;)
So here's another question, though: what can I use to make alot of ash in small ammount of time?
P.S. "inst.components.grower.level = level --what the hell does this do?" - it's used to tell crop, how he should look on your screen, I suppose.

I love the idea of Ashfarms, especially because I tend to be unlucky with my spawns of Beefalo, but the way you have it set up right now, Ashfarms are completely unviable as an alternative to regular farms. Would it be at all possible to add an option to disable the destruction in rain? Maybe rebalance it so that the building itself remains intact but the crop is lost. Gathering all that ash every single time it rains just isn't conducive to a fun game element.