• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Charlie, a playable character mod (RoG and DST compatible!) 1.4

5 Screenshots

About This File

Howdy! AmaLee here to present to you a playable character mod for Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together; Maxwell's assistant, Charlie!

(If you're not sure who Charlie is, may I perhaps persuade you to take a look at the William Carter Puzzles?)

This description is for all the basic stuff. I'll provide a few more tidbits on the forum thread you can find here.

Currently, I have her uploaded to Steam Workshop here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395417557&tscn=1424403116 (DS)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395420686 (DST)

How this mod was possible:

Charlie was made with the Extended Sample Character Mod provided by Dleowolf!

TheDanaAddams' tutorial was also a big help in some of the scripting processes that need to be done to get her perks to work.

The text for her name in her big portrait for DST was graciously given by Jeff Agala over on tumblr, which may be found here!

Thanks to The Noon Fish and Dryicefox for helping me out with her ghost and sounds!

Basic information on the mod:

Charlie's character design was based on the designs seen in 8th William Carter Puzzle. Currently, she has two different "perks": her sanity is drained at a higher rate (x1.25) and her damage updates depending on the time of day. Currently, the rates are as follows:

• Day: x1
  • Dusk: x1.5
  • Night: x2

This should apply to all equippable weapons, as well as disarmed damage.

Sound

Charlie has custom sounds available (meaning she gets her own voice!) in Don't Starve AND Don't Starve Together! Unfortunately, there is a problem with Steam Workshop where custom character mods with custom sound won't get added into the mod lists of players who are subscribed to said mod. So! Charlie with custom sound will only be available here. Please make sure when playing DST that all of your party has the same version of the mod! Sorry for the inconvenience!

(Note: This character will be differentiated from the custom-soundless one as "Charlie (Sound)")

Thank you for checking out my mod! May all of your adventures be gruesome, and if you have any suggestions, please visit the thread linked above!

What's New in Version 1.4   See changelog

Released

Don't Starve

• Charlie now has custom intros from Maxwell in Don't Starve's base game and RoG!

Don't Starve Together

• Updated artwork. New compatibility with pants
  • Updated dialog
  • Update sound: New pose and emote sounds. Just as in Don't Starve, the mod with sound will be known as "Charlie (Sound)". Please make sure that everyone in your party has the same Charlie before playing to avoid complications!
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback