• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

Wakkari the Red Fox - Don't Starve and Don't Starve ROG

Wakkari is a member of south fox tribe from far away lands. One feral day he get's dragged to Maxwell's world, during tribal event - Festival of Ancient Spirits, together with Wayrra the Arctic Fox of northern tribe.

Did you want version for Don't Starve TOGETHER?

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/1085-wakkari-the-red-fox-dst/

HP: 200,

Hunger: 150,

Sanity: 170

*Runs a bit faster

*Can eat monster meat and spoiled meat

*Can build up hound mound (which can be disadvatage is used uncarefully)

*Eats only meat

*Beefalo's hates him (probably for eating them...)

NOTE:

*Mod seems to be compatible with everything. But since I'm not BIG fan of mods I didn't test it with many of them.

UPDATE INFO:

v 1.0.4

*fixed crashing by building houndmound

LINKS you might like:

Wayrra the Arctic Fox DS,ROG: http://forums.kleien...the-arctic-fox/

Wakkari the Red Fox DS,ROG: http://forums.kleien...ri-the-red-fox/

Wayrra the Arctic Fox DST: http://forums.kleien...arctic-fox-dst/

Wakkari the Red Fox DST: http://forums.kleien...he-red-fox-dst/

ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH STEAM!

What's New in Version 1.0.4   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You right if we mean it literally :-) But the species name of "orange" fox is "red fox" (Vulpes Vulpes).

It's like with silver fox - which is almost black in real...

• Like 1

I know, I know, I was just kidding! Did I mention that I love foxes? Red foxes can even be grey, haha.

Are you going to add things to this character? I see he can craft houndmounds be doesn't have anything special with hounds. Maybe make him "friend" with them, or turn his craftable houndmound into his own den where he can sleep?

• Like 1

Mhmm im thinking of it. Yet he has custom item - staff which YET works like a spear but in future I want the staff to be the item for befriending few hounds. Don't wanna make it too easy tho (so hounds won't be just friendly to him AT ALL by basics).

Now he is working fine :-) Currently working on his speech lines. And on other character which is close to be done - Wayrra the Arctic Fox.

Then of course will be some time for polishing both ^^

Quicker update will be making him DST compatible I guess.

• Like 1

I don't care about DST to be honest. For his staff, I guess the recipe would be something like spear + red and dark feathers? Could be very good thing to be able to tame hounds with it.

Something like:

Staff equipped = not attacked by hounds, but hounds will stay close to you and attack if you unequip the staff.

If you feed the with the staff equipped, they will become your friends for some times and will have to be fed again, like pigs.

It could be hard to code, though...

Mmmm ye. Staff is his like by default (like willow lighter, abigail flower etc.) Though more like making him befriend hound by using the staff (like feeding meat to pigs etc). Staff is called "Bell Staff" so let's say he could be some kind of hound-whisperer, using the sound of bells. Ideas, ideas... but will see :-) Yet I hope there won't be too many bugs :grin:

Having ideas is great, but if you can't code it, it's useless.

Btw, for non DST users, do you think having Wayrra as a following npc could be an idea?

That's an idea I had a long time ago, having a character and a follower... But I just can't code anything. What a shame, uh?

Think a follower is kinda far ahead of my coding "skills" xD And from what I read on forums it causes bugs often :/

I guess it's a no then. But I have skillset planned for Wayrra so I prefer her to be separate character :-)

Until just a follower for decoration... It is some idea :-)

Well she would just act like a pig if used as a "follower". Attacking close ennemies and asking for food/health when in need. Nothing too serious.

And for Wayrra as a character, having Wakkari as a follower in return :3

Anyway, that *could* make me play DST if I find someone ready to play Wakkari while I play Wayrra, or the opposite. Roleplay powaa

Excuse me but it crashes when I use it I suggest you update for use on dont starve together as well

Will this be updated for Don't Starve Together?

Excuse me but it crashes when I use it I suggest you update for use on dont starve together as well

dbspeer - crashes on what? DS or DS Together?

Shotgun - yes, I will update it for DST just got one issue with the weapon. When I find some time it will be fixed and updated for sure :-)

more of these mods please !!!! more of these foxes peoszę

cierpliwości :D

Like I said - when I have time, I will update Wayrra too.. But now polishing Wakkari ;) Speech strings and little trouble with DS Together (testing now)

I get a "crashed on last start up" error before ever even loading the character. Then when I try to enable it and go back into mods, it's automatically "to be disabled" and doesn't load. 

I get a "crashed on last start up" error before ever even loading the character. Then when I try to enable it and go back into mods, it's automatically "to be disabled" and doesn't load. 

Are you sure? Because I'am playing DS/ROG using Wakkari/Wayrra and everything works just fine.

Are you playing DS or DST? (note that DST version if different file than this one) 

I had just gotten the game, and hadn't updated properly, it was my fault! Love the mod :3

i just downloaded this mod and its not working for me. i dont know if i may be doing something wrong but i enabled the mod and it says out of date on the mod page and nothing happens when i enable it. nothing shows up in the character page