• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Kasey - The Sewist 0.95

5 Screenshots

About This File

Adds KASEY The Sewist character

Steam link here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=382369400

Please rate. Thanks :-)

Compatible with:

Don't Starve

DS: Reign of Giants DLC

Coming Soon:

Don't Starve Together (wip)

KASEY starts with a SourBag (copy of the Krampus Sack) and 2 Sewing Kits. She can craft additional bags (for multiplayer or if you lose you first bag).

SOURBAG (Krampus Sack)

Recipe: Survival tab: 1 Sewing Kit, 3 Wool, and 1 Rope.

Stats are all the default:

150 health

150 hunger

200 sanity

I made this mod as a gift for my girlfriend Kasey, with assistance from my friend Nicole for art. Don't Starve is one of the few games my gf has gotten into and she was elated to have herself as a character.

In real life she makes awesome one of a kind handmade bags made from reused and recycled materials. You can find them here: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/Sourbagsandtotes)

They make amazing gifts for lady-folk like moms and special ladies ;)

_________

Note: I still need to test some more in multiplayer, and I want to add custom dialog for everything.

CREDITS:

Art: Nicole Bilodeau: http://nicolebilodeau.daportfolio.com/

Other stuff: dashing_fellow

Special thanks:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/

Ipsquiggle - for providing the initial Sample Mod

Grifuz - for the Clementine mod that i used as an additional guide

Dleowolf - for providing the Extended Sample Character template

Sabeku - for the the thorough video tutorial of Dleowolf's mod

What's New in Version 0.95   See changelog

Released

• -updated some speech
  • -added Guaranteed inventory. Should mean that she'll have her bag and sewing kits when entering a new world in adventure mode.
  • -update character select screen
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I like her, but you haven't planned the perks? because the Sourbag maybe will be OP. still, a good character, i like her design

On my home pc she's even more OP, she has Wickerbottom's science bonus. 

Originally I wanted the Sourbag to have less inventory than a backpack, but Not take up a Body slot. So you'd still be able to wear armor/jacket/amulet with the bag. Couldn't figure out how to do it though. Didn't want things getting too complicated.

If you have any suggestions for the published version, I'd be willing to nerf her.  

Also, I wanted her to suffer a Sanity loss whenever she makes a bag. It's hard work after all, but I couldn't figure out how to make that an "ingredient." Maybe in a future update.

i have 2 things to say, if you use a backpack slot + amulet (i have this mod) that make use the body slot the sourbag, you can equip a backpack or his variables for get 1 sour bag and 1 backpacks equipable, also i think the sourbag cover the Wetness icon

Definitions vary, but generally a seamstress is someone who works with clothing and is professionally employed. Sewist is more accurate to Kasey's craft. It's an artistic hobby unconstrained by preset patterns.

Really though, either definition is fine. I just like the sound of "Sewist" :)

I made a profile just to state that the word "sewist" is not in the dictionary.  The grammar and word police will be along to collect you shortly.