[219035] Stop the drop madness

1 hour ago, Dirkels said:

So make your dupes happy so they don't stress and keep carrying there frieght.

Actually, that won't help - they drop their "cargo" no matter what the interruption is, i.e. bedtime, wee-break, smelly gas, etc etc

I'm with the maniac on this one - it drives me berserk too - especially when my precious loot is dropped deep within tiles...

2 hours ago, rezecib said:

My workaround for this is to stagger my ladder (i.e. shift it one tile left/right) every 5 levels or so. That way if they drop something, it doesn't fall too far. But it is pretty annoying anyway.

Yea, I've been trying to design that way as well. Especially important is staggering so that your reservoir ladder isn't at the bottom of a main access shaft...

3 hours ago, LeadfootSlim said:

... Especially important is staggering so that your reservoir ladder isn't at the bottom of a main access shaft...

Yeah, watching an accidental leak of polluted water contaminate my main tank .... no bueno.

I like the idea of stepping the ladders to stop droppage, but I'm not sure I can tolerate that in my main base, the constant on and off would drive me crazy.  For foraging expeditions far from base on the other hand .....  Yeah, I like that idea.

1 hour ago, Nidhoggur said:

What? how is this possible to drop THROUGH tiles?

Yeah I watch his streams, you should see the amount of stuff...and dead dupes that fall through at least 4 tiles, both natural and man made.

Archived