[Q/Bug?] Farm crops wilting without player presence?

Hi all,

I'm getting somewhat frustrated with farms during summer - I have a flingomatic running and protecting the farms, and as long as I'm in the area, everything is OK. But when I move away from the area, (>3-5 screens away from the farms), I will find some/many of the crops wilted, despite flingo having been on and running the entire time. Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bug? This happens even when I'm away for less than a day (collecting spider loot, reeds...).

1 hour ago, myxal said:

Hi all,

I'm getting somewhat frustrated with farms during summer - I have a flingomatic running and protecting the farms, and as long as I'm in the area, everything is OK. But when I move away from the area, (>3-5 screens away from the farms), I will find some/many of the crops wilted, despite flingo having been on and running the entire time. Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bug? This happens even when I'm away for less than a day (collecting spider loot, reeds...).

wrong thread my dude, @ImDaMisterL be done with metheus and do your mod magic ~ ;>

Something that could have happened is that the flingomatic could have unloaded but the edge of the farm did not.

There is a large entity radius I call the pop-in which happens at 64.0 units (16 turfs) from the player and the entity pop-out which happens at 76.8 units (19.2 turfs).

It looks something like this:

4yOaUlX.png

I suspect your flingo was in the entity pop-out radius (the 'X') whereas some of your farms were in the threshold of radii (the square).

Entities that exist in the threshold from the player loading and then almost unload still simulate over time.

From my testings the average screen size will see ~25.0 units to the top of the screen and ~18.0 units going to the side.

With the large variance of 3-5 screens the entities could have existed still but the flingo may have been popped out of existence for simulation.

This is all assuming that the farms were on one side/corner to the flingomatic.

If the farms were surrounded by the flingo and they still all wilted, then I would say there's a bug going on.

@myxal What was the position of the farms in relation to the flingo?

On 4/13/2017 at 8:30 PM, CarlZalph said:

@myxal What was the position of the farms in relation to the flingo?

The farms are filling half of the flingomatic's circular coverage. You may be right in that the affected farm plots were usually on the edge opposite of the direction I was going away in. I have had wilting apparently when I was well away (went through a worm hole), though that case may have been the flingo running out of fuel. Will do some focused testing on this and report a bug.

20170406205200_1.jpg

Dang it. Even with my usual mods, I couldn't replicate it over 10 days of summer, doing what I thought triggered the issue.

TBH, I'm only certain to have seen this (twice) in the build prior to the stable release of HotR update (build 203...). I guess I'll just keep crops on  the farms during the next summer, and see if it happens. Just gotta remember to keep those flings fuelled ;)

I think the bug does indeed still happen (build 215079). I've been away from my berry farm for 2 days, during which the flingo was operating.  After returning, only some of the bushes had berries on them, with the ShowMe mod telling me the ones that didn't would take 5 days before they had more berries - i believe this is the effect of the berry bush wilting and being re-set by the flingo.

Bug report:

This bug also happend to me but I did not bother to check if any of my mods are responsible for it. I deactivated three today but what I can say, that I never used your Global Pause mod.

For me it happend in my desert. I had a fully fueled flingo and all of my crops withered. I tried it again and they withered right in front of my eyes.

Next time I play I'm going to check if this is still happening..

Archived