Christmas Mods?

VictiM

1 minute ago, Arlesienne said:

These plushies I mentioned as a sensible gifts - they drop with a moderate chance from mobs - have various functions. For instance varg plushies increases the chance of getting a varg. Hugging spiders gives one silk every few days. Pigmen plushies befriend pigs. Deerclops increases the chance a visit. There is a lot of them and I use them for Webber, Wendy and Abigail in Project Rosebud. They're not overpowered, just cute and with a little perk. They do make players be more adventurous though. Finally they count as pig king trinkets.

My reason to mention them was gifts from drops after doing something.

Ohh sounds cool!

Sorry for the late response! @PanAzej, recompiling animations can break things about them (also decompiling if using an old version of krane), but all of these issues are with the "bank", which we don't want to replace anyways. We can either remove it from the anim.zip and override the Krampus textures or make a new anim.zip with a different name, then simply set the build to ours when needed.

Really, making a modified, seperate version of Krampus is no problem at all.

Also, we need an oversized ugly christmas sweater. It's mandatory.

2 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Sorry for the late response! @PanAzej, recompiling animations can break things about them (also decompiling if using an old version of krane), but all of these issues are with the "bank", which we don't want to replace anyways. We can either remove it from the anim.zip and override the Krampus textures or make a new anim.zip with a different name, then simply set the build to ours when needed.

Really, making a modified, seperate version of Krampus is no problem at all.

Also, we need an oversized ugly christmas sweater. It's mandatory.

I remember decompiling some anims, and they were weirdly resized - some symbols like 2x of their regular size, some unchanged.

I know that I can just edit .tex file, but then there's limited space for every symbol :V So yeah, sure, I can make new designs that fit the limited drawing space, just saying that decompiling anims could grant unlimited workspace. 

Ugly christmas sweater? Maybe also a pair of ugly christmas socks. But nah, I don't have a build with only feet to override feet texture :V Also, who would wear those, unless it's a skin.

Well, christmas didn't exactly come early, but at least this mod lets you make "presents" that can be filled with (non-spoiling) items. I didn't exactly get to implement the unwrapping properly, and there's some QoL stuff and messages missing, but it's something

christmas-project.zip

New giftboxes can be added by simply inserting one entry to the list in modmain.lua and adding the desired icons and animations. Right now, there's only a single placeholder.

I really should work a bit harder on this, because christmas will bring a tighter schedule...

On 12.11.2016 at 5:19 PM, Mobbstar said:

Well, christmas didn't exactly come early, but at least this mod lets you make "presents" that can be filled with (non-spoiling) items. I didn't exactly get to implement the unwrapping properly, and there's some QoL stuff and messages missing, but it's something

christmas-project.zip

New giftboxes can be added by simply inserting one entry to the list in modmain.lua and adding the desired icons and animations. Right now, there's only a single placeholder.

I really should work a bit harder on this, because christmas will bring a tighter schedule...

I'll look into this later this week, since currently I'm working on a mod character somebody commissioned. 

I'll try making some nice stuff for this mod. Giftwraps, presents, mob/item reskins. We'll see.

12 hours ago, PanAzej said:

I'll look into this later this week, since currently I'm working on a mod character somebody commissioned. 

I'll try making some nice stuff for this mod. Giftwraps, presents, mob/item reskins. We'll see.

Your art is one-of-a-kind and fits the game, any chance of teasers?

(I Won't Ask for DST Versions. I Will Hold My Desires Back. I Will Endure the Call...)

2 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Your art is one-of-a-kind and fits the game, any chance of teasers?

(I Won't Ask for DST Versions. I Will Hold My Desires Back. I Will Endure the Call...)

I love animation (can't get enough of them fluid asian cartoon intros).

Sure, that would've been awesome. Not sure if I'll make one, though. That would take a lot of time, not sure if I'll have enough time after introducing 1001 skin ideas I've got before christmas comes :V

Haha I definitely didn't expect this much interaction with the post, but thanks everyone!

On 11/8/2016 at 11:26 AM, Arlesienne said:

Thanks @Arlesienne! The one with the Santa Outfit and the one with the Christmas Tree were just what I was looking for!

I appreciate it a lot :)

42 minutes ago, VictiM said:

Haha I definitely didn't expect this much interaction with the post, but thanks everyone!

Thanks @Arlesienne! The one with the Santa Outfit and the one with the Christmas Tree were just what I was looking for!

I appreciate it a lot :)

No need, the pleasure is mine if it helped. I just typed a few search queries like a monkey ;).

Archived