[Request] Wilbur a little more interesting?

The run speed alone pretty much sells him as a character to me, it's awesome. Although I was disappointed when I found out the monkeys won't help you out in fights without feeding them stuff first, but, I guess it's the same with webber... sort of. (Spiders are naturally more aggressive, so it's not generally necessary with him)

The free poop is also alright for free farms. Prevents you from having to build up a lot of green mushrooms and sleep materials to go monkey poop farming at zero sanity. It's not so easy to gather like in RoG.

But yeah... run speed? Yes yes yes yes yes yes. Especially if you take him over to an RoG world. Banana sanity would be pretty nice for caves, too. Fast exploration, fast moving around, fast running away from anything scary; most enemies will have trouble touching you at running speed letting you zoom right through dangerous areas.

Yeah I love Wilbur. His speed is a huge advantage and, like Tumalu said, he will be even better in RoG, where most of the land is connected.

My base in a jungle with 6 prime ape huts was a success. Apes would group attack any enemy I kited to one of them. Only frustration was the prime apes stealing my crops, but I just gave them a ball and problem solved.

I definitely agree that Wilbur isn't much fun right now, personally I would love to lower his stats a bit more, have him run/be on all fours at all times. As far as his crown goes I personally would enjoy if his crown was what gave him all of his monkey king boosts you know? Like if he had no crown monkey's interacted with him as they do any other player, but once he puts on the crown they would all be like "all hail our new king!" And start giving him their loot as they do now. Also if nothing else give him dialogue similar to pigs, like simple but interesting, I mean with Wes no dialogue is great, but now that they got rid of Watricia as a character, and really just pulled Wilbur from the depths, not even adding dialogue seems lazy to me :/

Just my thoughts, I still think Shipwrecked has been amazing but Wilbur was really disappointing to me.

14 hours ago, Tumalu said:

But yeah... run speed? Yes yes yes yes yes yes. Especially if you take him over to an RoG world. Banana sanity would be pretty nice for caves, too. Fast exploration, fast moving around, fast running away from anything scary; most enemies will have trouble touching you at running speed letting you zoom right through dangerous areas.

Wilbur sounds like a great character in RoG...just not in Shipwrecked maybe if his ability also worked for boats would make him a little more interesting for me but nah not my type of character.

1 hour ago, PunchDoctor said:

but now that they got rid of Watricia as a character, and really just pulled Wilbur from the depths, not even adding dialogue seems lazy to me :/

So true I would've liked another female character than...a stupid monkey.

2 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

Wilbur sounds like a great character in RoG...just not in Shipwrecked maybe if his ability also worked for boats would make him a little more interesting for me but nah not my type of character.

So true I would've liked another female character than...a stupid monkey.

Definitely, I'd be happy with a monkey if they had kept the new female character, but it's frustrating at how they cut er all together and then seem to put bare minimum effort into the ridiculous replacement, Klei quite let me down here.

18 hours ago, Tumalu said:

The run speed alone pretty much sells him as a character to me, it's awesome. Although I was disappointed when I found out the monkeys won't help you out in fights without feeding them stuff first, but, I guess it's the same with webber... sort of. (Spiders are naturally more aggressive, so it's not generally necessary with him)

The free poop is also alright for free farms. Prevents you from having to build up a lot of green mushrooms and sleep materials to go monkey poop farming at zero sanity. It's not so easy to gather like in RoG.

Run speed is nice, but 50% of the time (if not more) you'll be sitting on a boat. With other characters you can get Coffee, Sleek Hat and you can gamble and get a Walking Cane to walk (a LOT) faster than Wilbur. But yes, in the early game his speed is nice.

About poop... Feed 4 monster meat to a pig and let it eat berries/mushrooms. You can get lots of poop this way and a lot faster. Wilbur's free poop once a day is nice... kinda... yeah.

Wilbur has really not that much going for him. He would be a great addition to RoG. But in SW he's just kinda there... and that's it. We have so many options to speed ourselves up that his perk is not that special. In RoG you only had a Walking Cane. There his perk would've actually been way more useful.

5 hours ago, PunchDoctor said:

Definitely, I'd be happy with a monkey if they had kept the new female character, but it's frustrating at how they cut er all together and then seem to put bare minimum effort into the ridiculous replacement, Klei quite let me down here.

Why does it have to be 4 characters... Klei should just release Watricia after Woodlegs. Just take your time making a good game but give us Watricia eventually plz!!!

11 hours ago, PanAzej said:

In RoG you only had a Walking Cane.

You also had the necklace Magiluminescence which was made from the yellow gem and it also helped speed you up and gave a little bit of light and you had to find the ruins to make it.

42 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

You also had the necklace Magiluminescence which was made from the yellow gem and it also helped speed you up and gave a little bit of light and you had to find the ruins to make it.

Right. Forgot about that one. But still, it was limited if I'm not mistaken, while you have unlimited supply of Coffee/Sleek Hats.

Cane, sleekhat, coffee and wilbur means the fast and the furious also the ability to use monkeys for grass twigs farms is awesome. Make a room with a lureplant and some monkeys around the room with tufts and sapplings, monkey will be throwing u stuff which the lureplant will take and you just kill the lureplant, easy stacks of grass twigs, my experience is that wilbur suits SW more than walani and warley

Archived