crocodiles

Considering there doesn't seem to be freshwater in the game and it's all salt water (presumably in the mangrove biome as well) the salt water croc is perfect. 

Saltys are extremely dangerous and get big. They can also be encountered at sea on a raft. A large salt water croc would make a great boss type monster as well. Saltys are known to track prey and without a barrier between you at night even come on land and attack within 100-150m from the ocean. Could make for some interesting gameplay.

23 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

You know what this tropic paradise needs? Cocoa products! But this is Don't Starve, so you can't simply gather the beans from plants. Instead, we'll draw inspiration from the cave worms and introduce the...

chocodiles

I'll see myself out.

I guess that they'll just melt during dry season, right?

1 hour ago, DeputyDeath said:

I guess that they'll just melt during dry season, right?

Haha you wish, they'll hide in the cracks away from the scorching heat and reappear when thing settle down to rechocolate that beautiful shallow coastline.

37 minutes ago, Luponius said:

Haha you wish, they'll hide in the cracks away from the scorching heat and reappear when thing settle down to rechocolate that beautiful shallow coastline.

Or maybe you can lure them out and get them to melt.

And then you can get hot chocolate from them, with a sanity regen effect over the course of a day. 

Archived