The Magical Mystery Mime

(Forgive me if someone posted this before, this was a while ago.)

So a couple months ago I was doing another Woodie run on the SanFran survival server. I had spawned in at around day 8, so I poked around trying to get directions to someone's base and an idea of what materials they needed. On the way there, however, I ended up coming across a Wes player who, despite being at day 8, had already gotten a Walking Stick and some other pretty high-end gear. I tried talking to him, asking how the heck he managed to end up so well-off so early, but the most I could get out of him was the /bonesaw emote. Quite informative.

Still very much a noob at this stage, I followed him for a while helping him collect resources, food, and a bunch of other stuff, hoping he'd lead me back to base. After about 10 minutes my log meter began to dip very low (most of my stuff was in Wes's inventory at this point so I didn't have anything to eat) so I told him I'd stay back and chop some trees and I'd try to meet up with him later with some food and things like that, since he helped me take down a gobbler and I still hadn't given him any of the meat yet. He stopped for a bit, /waved, and walked off to some secluded corner of the map.

Two days after I had made my way to the main base, and took care of basic maintenance (chopping wood, growing plants, etc.) and waited for the other 85% of the players to come back. When they did, (2 DAYS LATER,) I noticed that Wes was nowhere among them. Apparently nobody had any idea where he lived or what his deal was. Occasionally he snuck into our base when nobody was looking and gave us items (usually on the ground accompanied by a crapton of balloons,) but other than that he didn't do or say anything. Sometimes I managed to catch him setting up the balloons, but I couldn't get him to respond to anything other than emotes.

-TO BE CONTINUED SINCE I HAVE TO GET ON AN AIRPLANE LIKE RIGHT NOW AND HAVE NO TIME TO FINISH THIS SORRY-

I love these kinds of players...

I occasionally have the privilege of being one at times...

wait...

despite being at day 8, had already gotten a Walking Stick and some other pretty high-end gear.

Set pieces? Only legit way... also, did the server start in winter or something?

Also, have a nice flight... don't forget to check under your seat 

(Forgive me if someone posted this before, this was a while ago.)

So a couple months ago I was doing another Woodie run on the SanFran survival server. I had spawned in at around day 8, so I poked around trying to get directions to someone's base and an idea of what materials they needed. On the way there, however, I ended up coming across a Wes player who, despite being at day 8, had already gotten a Walking Stick and some other pretty high-end gear. I tried talking to him, asking how the heck he managed to end up so well-off so early, but the most I could get out of him was the /bonesaw emote. Quite informative.

Still very much a noob at this stage, I followed him for a while helping him collect resources, food, and a bunch of other stuff, hoping he'd lead me back to base. After about 10 minutes my log meter began to dip very low (most of my stuff was in Wes's inventory at this point so I didn't have anything to eat) so I told him I'd stay back and chop some trees and I'd try to meet up with him later with some food and things like that, since he helped me take down a gobbler and I still hadn't given him any of the meat yet. He stopped for a bit, /waved, and walked off to some secluded corner of the map.

Two days after I had made my way to the main base, and took care of basic maintenance (chopping wood, growing plants, etc.) and waited for the other 85% of the players to come back. When they did, (2 DAYS LATER,) I noticed that Wes was nowhere among them. Apparently nobody had any idea where he lived or what his deal was. Occasionally he snuck into our base when nobody was looking and gave us items (usually on the ground accompanied by a crapton of balloons,) but other than that he didn't do or say anything. Sometimes I managed to catch him setting up the balloons, but I couldn't get him to respond to anything other than emotes.

-TO BE CONTINUED SINCE I HAVE TO GET ON AN AIRPLANE LIKE RIGHT NOW AND HAVE NO TIME TO FINISH THIS SORRY-

A real Wes player, he can't speak  ;) love it

Chapter 2 - The Magical Mystery Deepens

A few days later me and a couple other players had started to get worried about winter. We already had a few iceboxes set up along with some drying racks and a birdcage, but nobody really had any temperature-related items. Once another day had begun and we made it back to the main base (due to the mass amounts of logs that we were getting we ended up just making campfires at night instead of heading back home,) we started to head for the Beefalo fields. But when we got there, all of them were shaved. And in the middle...

A freaking razor, surrounded by balloons.

Needless to say we were sort of amused, albeit ticked off that they had shaved about 8-10 Beefalo in the middle of the night, just to spite us. But whatever, we had enough resources to make a Thermal Stone, and enough meat stockpiled to wait for the Beefalo's fur to regrow.

Then, around 3 days before winter, he showed up at our base.

And he wasn't just waiting in the middle for us. The crockpot was active, our farms were planted, and he was sleeping in a Straw Roll (surrounded by balloons), right in the middle of our chest system. I wasn't all that sure what to do, considering he had blatantly screwed us over a few days prior, but since winter was coming and he'd been acting pretty nice to us until that point I decided to let it slide. Everybody else seemed okay with it, too, although there wasn't all that much we could do about it considering he wouldn't respond to us either way. He was actually pretty useful, too, taking care of base maintenance while we screwed around trying to get everything we forgot until the last second and providing us with a bounty of food we didn't know he had with him. He even made us all Bush Hats at one point.

Then, mid-winter, tragedy struck.

Most of us had been running around trying to get prepared when one of our teammates had noticed Wes was making a GIGANTIC cluster of balloons off in one corner of our base. At first we had thought it was nothing, and he was just showing off something he had tacked on to the base, but it wasn't. He...

Was building a death trap.

With a single swing of a walking stick, all of the balloons popped at once, killing him immediately. Wes then logged off shortly afterward, leaving nothing but us, his corpse, surrounded by a walking stick and 6 winter hats, one for each of us.

Leik if u cri evertim

Epilogue - Acronomynous

Immediately after this traumatic ordeal I sent him a message asking what the heck was going on with him. All I got in return was "good items -----> BP good luck :L"

No idea what that means.

What an anti-climatic needlessly heroic non-sacrifice :p

I wanted to put in some sort of hound attack or deerclops fight to make it seem more climactic, but that would be lying. He just got bored and wanted to kill himself in a semi-touching fashion.

Sucks, too, we could've used those hats.

Archived