Proxify authentication for DST in Russia

Hello.

As you possibly have heard already, some ranges of IP-addresses were banned due to notorious activity of Telegram: system administrators are on rampage to avoid IP-ban of theirs servers, constantly switch IP-addresses, eccentrical Russian millionaire Pavel Durov is spending thousands dollars every day to avoid IP-blockings and host VPNs and proxy servers. And simple Russian users become victims of this stupid war of that narcissist with Russian government.

Can you host a copy or a proxy of your authentication server on some Russian data-center hosting service? Right now it is impossible to log into DST, because it's auth server is being hosted on a blocked IP-range. People who buy DST can't play it in Russia.

It is possible to authenticate DST by using VPN services, but it is not a solution. I personally have used a free VPN service with an exit gate in Germany. Ping is terrible.

Stop being so narrow minded and blame your goverment for this not someone that refuses to give out access to your PRIVATE conversations just cos they made a new rule and everyone must obey else get blocked. It's simple as that.

• Developer

Maybe take the politics elsewhere guys, this place is for discussing video games. :)

We are watching the Russia situation very closely. Our hope is that it all gets resolved soon without us having to change our infrastructure. If not, we'll see what our options are. Sadly all the cloud providers we have easy access to are the same ones telegram has access to, and we really don't want to get into the business of a different cloud provider for every country - each new cloud provider we add slows down development for us quite a bit, and the cloud providers that focus on just one country rather than the whole world tend to be way behind in terms of technology. Also, if the block applies to cloud servers as well as end users we're no further ahead since our Russian auth server would be unable to talk to the rest of our global servers, meaning we'd have to make a completely different game just for Russian fans.

However, if a sufficiently technical Russian fan wants to set up their own fan auth relay in the mean time - either for themselves or the wider community - I would be happy to provide technical assistance. Simple matter of finding some IPs that can talk to both Russia and our services, then setting up TCP relay of some kind so that traffic for port 443 gets relayed, then the end user has to opt in by creating an /etc/hosts override so they don't use our DNS. For a full DST experience you'd need several IPs though, for login, items, and lobby at least (there are probably more I'm forgetting off the top of my head). Anyway, we want all our fans everywhere to be able to play our games, so I'm happy to help where I can.

Archived