Don't Starve "Scanner"

So some of you might now a game called "Subnautica". In this game there is an item called Scanner that allows players to gain more informaton about structures/plants/creatures.

Yes I want something like that but for ds/t. Of course it can't be a device since ds/t is based more arounds magic so I thought about a book.

You'd need 4 papirus 4 nightmare fuel and 4 feather pencils. When killing a creature while having this book in your incentory you'd get information about that creature.

For example:

(A picture of spider. Not in-game but something like in promotion art., y'know... higher quality than ingame model)

Spiders in this world are as big as a human head. They apper to be aggresive towards humans and humanoid creatures. They live in a nests that are often arounded by rocks or trees which support the nest allowing it to grow to massive sizes. Spiders are nocturnal and only come out at dusk and night or when their nest is approached.

After you kill warior spider:

(same picture but with warior next to normal spider)

*blah blach blach same text* There appears to be more species of spiders. One of these is a warior spider. Warior spider's fur is yellow unlike normal spider's black fur. They protect the nest if it gets attacked. Their strong legs allow them to leap at their target making warior spiders more dangerous.

And after killing other spiders and the queen you'd get a full page with a lot of information about spiders

Exploring, entering caves/ruins would also give you more informations about the world

I think that this would be pretty cool since it would expand our knowlege about the Constant and just because this could also be another thing that would push people towards getting better. they would be curious what else they can learn (and look at coll pictures) about the world

4 hours ago, Szczuku said:

So some of you might now a game called "Subnautica". In this game there is an item called Scanner that allows players to gain more informaton about structures/plants/creatures.

Yes I want something like that but for ds/t. Of course it can't be a device since ds/t is based more arounds magic so I thought about a book.

You'd need 4 papirus 4 nightmare fuel and 4 feather pencils. When killing a creature while having this book in your incentory you'd get information about that creature.

For example:

(A picture of spider. Not in-game but something like in promotion art., y'know... higher quality than ingame model)

Spiders in this world are as big as a human head. They apper to be aggresive towards humans and humanoid creatures. They live in a nests that are often arounded by rocks or trees which support the nest allowing it to grow to massive sizes. Spiders are nocturnal and only come out at dusk and night or when their nest is approached.

After you kill warior spider:

(same picture but with warior next to normal spider)

*blah blach blach same text* There appears to be more species of spiders. One of these is a warior spider. Warior spider's fur is yellow unlike normal spider's black fur. They protect the nest if it gets attacked. Their strong legs allow them to leap at their target making warior spiders more dangerous.

And after killing other spiders and the queen you'd get a full page with a lot of information about spiders

Exploring, entering caves/ruins would also give you more informations about the world

I think that this would be pretty cool since it would expand our knowlege about the Constant and just because this could also be another thing that would push people towards getting better. they would be curious what else they can learn (and look at coll pictures) about the world

I Like the Idea in General, but I would change it a little bit.

I would really like kind of Encyclopedia of Creatures and/or Plants as a book, on paper, craftable.

Also, the book could be filled up with creatures/plants that the Character has Examinated.

Something like this would be quite Stylish and Atmospheric.

Archived