Expiration date

Dupes are not humans. They are printed with inserted knowledge and experience. Maybe even dreams and feelings... I don't know, they are not humans. But... Should they not die because of being expired? I mean, I can run a 30+ dupe colony and no dupes die, if I don't want to. This would be a fun change.

And I would have an actual reason to build a morgue, not only a dupe hell, where they are fed with mush bars and run in circles, mining and generating power, until they eventually die, drowning in their former commerades carcass, while the other dupes (ones that I like visually) live free of all worry in a dupe heaven.

Alternatively, could we just cook them long pigs nice up, with vinegret and some garlick?

Maybe, something like that though should be based on the Strength, Athletics and Immunity to generate a timer. Diseases and injuries then subtract from that. A dupe can stay healthy as long as their skills go up. A good example of "Stop learning start dying."

Archived