Adventure Mode on Don't Starve Reign of Giants

I didn't see Don't Starve Tales of Life and Death, so I'm just putting this here.

Adventure Mode is fun!  I've never played it before since I played the vanilla version.  By the time I got the hang of that, Reign of Giants came out and took my attention.  Then after I survived all seasons, DST came out and I played with my brother, then I went online.  Suffice to say, didn't really do adventure mode in between them.  Though like I said in another topic of mine, I'm getting trophies for my brother.  I decided to give adventure mode a try and it's so much fun.  

I'm currently on World 3 with Archipelago and A Cold Reception under my belt.  The level I'm currently on is Two Worlds and I'm looking forward to it.

22 minutes ago, LuxuryHeart said:

I didn't see Don't Starve Tales of Life and Death, so I'm just putting this here.

Adventure Mode is fun!  I've never played it before since I played the vanilla version.  By the time I got the hang of that, Reign of Giants came out and took my attention.  Then after I survived all seasons, DST came out and I played with my brother, then I went online.  Suffice to say, didn't really do adventure mode in between them.  Though like I said in another topic of mine, I'm getting trophies for my brother.  I decided to give adventure mode a try and it's so much fun.  

I'm currently on World 3 with Archipelago and A Cold Reception under my belt.  The level I'm currently on is Two Worlds and I'm looking forward to it.

Why do you enlarge the text in your posts?

Hoo boy.  In Reign of Giants, the seasons can go INSANE in Adventure Mode.  I think it's...The Game is Afoot? that can  have the seasons switch so quickly that you're overheating while trudging through snow.  Lemme tell ya, you haven't seen weird until you've seen summer lighting on a winter background.  (Which you could also get with a summer trap, of course.)  For even more fun, try it with Shipwrecked compatibility and at one point you might run into a wildbore village, complete with nearby palm trees...WITH SNOW ON THEM.  XD  I so wish I had taken a screenshot!--but I was too busy running for my life at the time...

(Of course, the actual deal is probably that the seasons were set to change back and forth from VANILLA "summer" and "winter"...so, not AS much of a change.  Throw in RoG/Shipwrecked with that _exact same wording_ of the code there, and the game's changing from summer to winter becomes MUCH more literal.  : P)

This has nothing to do with anything since you're past when The Game is Afoot might possibly show up, but hey.  Reign of Giants + Adventure Mode = awesomeweird.  :D

...Notorious

I completed Adventure Mode quite a while ago and I found it much too easy, I had been playing don't starve for 4 months and it was my first time trying to complete it, I started with King Of Winter, then Archipelago, Two World, The Game Is Afoot and finally Darkness.

I actually found Darkness the easiest, completing it in five days , what I'd advise taking through the levels is an eyebrella, a puffy vest, 20 jerky and a walking cane, except for Darkness when I brought a walking cane, 20 jerky,  a stack of silk and a stack of gold. I completed the whole Adventure mode in  a time of 59 days. I had read about Adventure mode in the wiki, the wiki makes it sound much harder then it sounds, a bit like how it exaggerates the ruins and boss fights.

You should consider making a base in: King of Winter, Two Worlds, Archipelago, and A cold reception.

Also which characheter are you, I completed it the first time as Woodie and completed it a second time as Wolfgang. I would also suggest being Wilson, Willow or Wigfrid.

Let me know how you do.

1 hour ago, BloodBark said:

I completed Adventure Mode quite a while ago and I found it much too easy, I had been playing don't starve for 4 months and it was my first time trying to complete it, I started with King Of Winter, then Archipelago, Two World, The Game Is Afoot and finally Darkness.

I actually found Darkness the easiest, completing it in five days , what I'd advise taking through the levels is an eyebrella, a puffy vest, 20 jerky and a walking cane, except for Darkness when I brought a walking cane, 20 jerky,  a stack of silk and a stack of gold. I completed the whole Adventure mode in  a time of 59 days. I had read about Adventure mode in the wiki, the wiki makes it sound much harder then it sounds, a bit like how it exaggerates the ruins and boss fights.

You should consider making a base in: King of Winter, Two Worlds, Archipelago, and A cold reception.

Also which characheter are you, I completed it the first time as Woodie and completed it a second time as Wolfgang. I would also suggest being Wilson, Willow or Wigfrid.

Let me know how you do.

I agree.  I remember playing on Darkness mode and being nervous at how hard it sounds.  Though when I played it, it actually wasn't hard.  It's annoying because of how big it is, but it's easy overall.

1 hour ago, The Luck Duck said:

I have over 380 hours in both don't starve games and I find adventure mode hard af lol. Idk I never used a guide for adventure mode

The hard part for me initially was telling the difference between The Game is Afoot and A Cold Reception.  Though after that it wasn't hard.  The key was to figure out which 4 ESSENTIAL items were needed and to craft things in the first world.  My essentials were always a Winter Hat, Umbrella, silk, and healing salve.  The only difference is world 4 since I bring a 100% mining hat, 100% lantern, bug net, and a stack of food that lasts a long time.  If food is more important than take a 100% mining hat, bug net, and 2 stacks of food.

Archived