Ice King - The king of iiiiiiiiiice

Hey Guys!

The Ice King from „Adventure Time“ for DST.

nfpk197jow9.png

This is a mod to cosplay the Ice King from „Adventure Time“.

I try to make him close to the original.
That could make him that he is not easy to play or overpowered in some areas.

He loves Pengulls and (to kidnapped) princesses and he is very hungry.
He needs the "One Man Band" to infatuate the ladys.
He need the crown to survive.
Has a fragile mind.

Stats:

• Health: 160
  • Sanity: 100
  • Hunger: 200

• Start Item: Ice Fingers
  • Start Item: One Man Band
  • Start Item: Crown
  •  
  • Can't freeze
  • Fast overheating
  • Has magical ice powers

• gain sanity near pengulls
  • fast gain sanity near females
  • gain health near females

• females fast drain sanity near ice king

The idea is that he is doing well so it near penguins and women must be.

Invisible clothes, why? Look:

hfzshiifgr2s.png

The Crown

odblt23jcdpg.png

He looks so cool and sexy with the crown.

Perk:

• Demage reduction 60%
  • Sanity drain -2/10 sec.
  • Health gain +4/10 sec.
  • Unbreakable (only for Ice King)

Without the crown, he can not survive for long, so he needs them.
However, it also makes for what he is, the crazy Ice King.

"...This magic keeps me alive, but it's making me crazy..."
"...I swear it wasn't me, it was the crown..."

Ice Finger's

oobga9izvhec.png

• 1 damage point

His magical ice powers to freeze princesses and other stuff.

To Do List

• Fix arm animation
  • Gunter (like chester) update paused because I haven't enough time and ideas.

Ice King Character mod for DST at steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=495317636

Edited by EulenMarie
  • Like 2

I really like the character concept! Especially females losing sanity near him. The crown probably shouldn't reduce his sanity though. It makes sense in the context of the character/show, but that means you'll hardly ever be wearing his iconic crown. I actually think she should go insane if you're *not* wearing his crown. And it shouldn't give you crazy amounts of armor, it's just a crown. I think the tradeoff could be something more like: you need to wear the crown or go insane, meaning you can't really benefit from other headgear. But while you *are* wearing the crown, you get ice powers. And if anyone else puts on the crown, it drives them insane. If you wanted to go all-out, you could make the crown give other people ice powers, but that might take a lot of code.

Everyone loves Simon, it's that simple. My suggestions are to make him be a reverse (modern)Willow: At low sanity his body temperature starts to raise. His crown should lower his temp slightly, but not enough to tank him through summer on its own. Suggestion for downsides would be reduced HP, he is always portrayed a bit wimpy/pathetic. Possibly make it to where he can use the ice staff powers at the cost of hunger/sanity?

I really like the character concept! Especially females losing sanity near him. The crown probably shouldn't reduce his sanity though. It makes sense in the context of the character/show, but that means you'll hardly ever be wearing his iconic crown. I actually think she should go insane if you're *not* wearing his crown. And it shouldn't give you crazy amounts of armor, it's just a crown. I think the tradeoff could be something more like: you need to wear the crown or go insane, meaning you can't really benefit from other headgear. But while you *are* wearing the crown, you get ice powers. And if anyone else puts on the crown, it drives them insane. If you wanted to go all-out, you could make the crown give other people ice powers, but that might take a lot of code.

Thanks ;)

That's a nice idea.. but I'm a beginner.. maybe one day but now I'll try my concept. That's a lot of work for me. Phew...

Everyone loves Simon, it's that simple. My suggestions are to make him be a reverse (modern)Willow: At low sanity his body temperature starts to raise. His crown should lower his temp slightly, but not enough to tank him through summer on its own. Suggestion for downsides would be reduced HP, he is always portrayed a bit wimpy/pathetic. Possibly make it to where he can use the ice staff powers at the cost of hunger/sanity?

A nice idea too.

I'll try to make it.. :-)

A little (new) preview

Edited by EulenMarie

First, add a tag for identify the Ice King in his prefab .lua (inside common_postinit), for example:

inst:AddTag("iceking")

Then, add a new recipe on his modmain.lua and change the TECH.MAGIC_TWO required for another lesser (like TECH.NONE), using the tag for exclude the other characters can use this recipe:

AddRecipe("icestaff", {GLOBAL.Ingredient("spear", 1), GLOBAL.Ingredient("bluegem", 1)}, GLOBAL.RECIPETABS.MAGIC,  GLOBAL.TECH.NONE, "iceking")

It's more reasonable than allows him access to whole magic's recipes, but this will make the ice king can craft two icestaff, because have 2 recipes for the same, with different TECH required...

• Like 1

First, add a tag for identify the Ice King in his prefab .lua (inside common_postinit), for example:

Then, add a new recipe on his modmain.lua and change the TECH.MAGIC_TWO required for another lesser (like TECH.NONE), using the tag for exclude the other characters can use this recipe:

AddRecipe("icestaff", {GLOBAL.Ingredient("spear", 1), GLOBAL.Ingredient("bluegem", 1)}, GLOBAL.RECIPETABS.MAGIC,  GLOBAL.TECH.NONE, "iceking")

It's more reasonable than allows him access to whole magic's recipes, but this will make the ice king can craft two icestaff, because have 2 recipes for the same, with different TECH required...

ooh ok! thank you :D

maybe you can help me out with my other perks?

mhm sorry.. my .lua's looks so and I don't know how to change it :/

iceking.lua:

local common_postinit = function(inst)

-- Minimap icon

inst.MiniMapEntity:SetIcon( "iceking.tex" )

end

modmain.lua:

local require = GLOBAL.require

local STRINGS = GLOBAL.STRINGS

local RECIPETABS = GLOBAL.RECIPETABS

local Recipe = GLOBAL.Recipe

local Ingredient = GLOBAL.Ingredient

local TECH = GLOBAL.TECH

local icestaff_recipe = Recipe("icestaff", {Ingredient("bluegem", 1), Ingredient("spear", 1), }, RECIPETABS.MAGIC, TECH.NONE)

And now clients can't craft the ice staff

arghs,.. pls explain for noobs :(

Try to use AddRecipe instead "local icestaff_recipe = Recipe" and add the tag "iceking" in it...

Anyways magic_tab could doesn't appear if the Ice King doesn't has sufficient tech level, maybe you could change it in RECIPETABS.WAR or an own TAB for work well.

@Much00Msh00:

The issue with your suggestion is that you lock the ice staff out of everybody else.

You tie the ice staff recipe to people with the iceking tag.

You would need a prefab with a different name, but identical to the icestaff, to tie a recipe to it.

I did this for boards, here:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/54230-helpcould-i-make-some-different-items-to-create-the-a-same-new-item/

That is not his crown...Maybe you could use a different texture?And i think that the ice king should br able to wear his crown.Maybe the crown will give him a little bit of protection,has longer use,less sanity drain

I'm working on the crown.

He spawn with the crown and has infinite durability. If he wear it he lose much sanity like the real crown from adventure time. But the crown has 95% demage reduction and maybe a other magic property.

I'm working on the crown.

He spawn with the crown and has infinite durability. If he wear it he lose much sanity like the real crown from adventure time. But the crown has 95% demage reduction and maybe a other magic property.

He is the Ice king now,not Simon