Make structures non flammable by peoples own hands?

If the game was about surviving together in harmony they would not have added a pvp option.

I'm pretty sure OP is referring to Willow trolling in a non-pvp world. Fire griefing is perfectly fine in a pvp world, but it's super annoying when you have pvp off. 

You said it yourself: it's a pvp option. It can be turned on and off. And OP wants fire griefing to be limited when pvp is off.

I'm pretty sure OP is referring to Willow trolling in a non-pvp world. Fire griefing is perfectly fine in a pvp world, but it's super annoying when you have pvp off.

You said it yourself: it's a pvp option. It can be turned on and off. And OP wants fire griefing to be limited when pvp is off.

If anything this should be a separate option entirely. I wouldn't want it in either, so it should be it's own option. I think a more user friendly way to roll back the day (by vote if host isn't on) would be easier. Vote kick, roll back the day.

Honestly, this seems more like a mod idea than anything. While, yes, it would help with griefing somewhat, it is also restricting the player. Might as well make it so on;y one person can open the crockpot :p

But really though, I don't think I'm all for this idea. Sometimes I like the excitement of someone trying to burn all my cool stuff.

Just turn you server to pvp mode, then kill the grifer.

Grifer is just a clever monster. It's interesting to find proper strategy to kill him like a boss.

That would be a good idea, expect this is for pretty much anyone who isn't hosting a server, or just can't, so they go on other peoples servers instead.

That, and many servers don't actually have a host there at the time, either.

Out of all the games I've played there's only been 3 hosts who are actually playing the game and will ban people, but that's about it. Other then that, most servers are dedicated and you'll pretty much never see whoever hosts it on. : I

Still though, all ideas are good. Got a few neat ones by other people on my first post. Don't think I can add yours though, since that relies on being the big bad boss of the server. : D

Just surviving is boring. That's why I say: "grifers are welcome on my server". Enemies are everywhere. But it's still possible to find friends in this wild world. It's much more interesting than just surviving.

If you are a grifer, you can compete other grifers. If you are friendly, you can find other friendly people and compete together against grifers. Actually a hunter and a victim can easily trade places. And i'm often not sure who is good and who is bad on my server. And it really does not matter, because there is no rules at all. So there is no need of admin or moderator.

Ofc I have to balance all stuff and game mechanics. If there is super puper easy kill weapon, I have to nerf it. If there is a useless item, I have to make it little bit more useful etc. It's not easy to balance PvP server. I was doing that for months. And now I can say that my server pretty good balanced (for people who are not afraid of PvP).

That would be a good idea, expect this is for pretty much anyone who isn't hosting a server, or just can't, so they go on other peoples servers instead.

Maybe a craftable even. Let's say it's a spray. You craft the spray, apply it to your Alchemy Engine. The Alchemy Engine is now unburnable by torches and other non-weather shenanigans for say, 6 days. You can reapply at anytime, but you can't stack. So then if you're required to burn it for whatever reason, you just wait for the spray to wear off.

Just another thought.

Maybe a craftable even. Let's say it's a spray. You craft the spray, apply it to your Alchemy Engine. The Alchemy Engine is now unburnable by torches and other non-weather shenanigans for say, 6 days. You can reapply at anytime, but you can't stack. So then if you're required to burn it for whatever reason, you just wait for the spray to wear off.

Just another thought.

Oh, temporary but sustainable solutions! A neat idea. Noted!

Would the can last one time only or multiple goes is the question. The cost would also be a factor. You don't want to get the materials for it the moment you enter the game, but you shouldn't have to make some kind of crazy contraption  above an alchemy machine to do it, either.

Oh, temporary but sustainable solutions! A neat idea. Noted!

Would the can last one time only or multiple goes is the question. The cost would also be a factor. You don't want to get the materials for it the moment you enter the game, but you shouldn't have to make some kind of crazy contraption  above an alchemy machine to do it, either.

I would say Science Machine for a one time use, Alchemy for a multiple. In a pinch you can make the simple one.

Just surviving is boring. That's why I say: "grifers are welcome on my server". Enemies are everywhere. But it's still possible to find friends in this wild world. It's much more interesting than just surviving.

If you are a grifer, you can compete other grifers. If you are friendly, you can find other friendly people and compete together against grifers. Actually a hunter and a victim can easily trade places. And i'm often not sure who is good and who is bad on my server. And it really does not matter, because there is no rules at all. So there is no need of admin or moderator.

Ofc I have to balance all stuff and game mechanics. If there is super puper easy kill weapon, I have to nerf it. If there is a useless item, I have to make it little bit more useful etc. It's not easy to balance PvP server. I was doing that for months. And now I can say that my server pretty good balanced (for people who are not afraid of PvP).

I can see the point you are making, but i'd personally rather be tested by the environment then by the players. Switchable option would be the most suitable to suit all needs.

Harsher weather? Different kinds of weather? More monsters? 

(we really need more creatures of everything)

Unusual bosses? Mini bosses? Finally more clockwerks?

Special events that happen every so many days and vary throughout the year? 

Characters having moods, as it were, that need to be fulfilled for bonuses or negatives?

So many things could be done.

Yes, I had the same problem on my PvP server. Random guy come to base and ignites all structures in seconds. And I made that so torch and lighter does not work on structures if there is no smoldering. If guy is trying to set fire, character will say "fire is too small". But random guy is still able to put twigs near structures and ignite it. It is more difficult and takes time, and now people can protect their bases. Also I have a mod which makes smoldering much more slower.

Yes, I had the same problem on my PvP server. Random guy come to base and ignites all structures in seconds. And I made that so torch and lighter does not work on structures if there is no smoldering. If guy is trying to set fire, character will say "fire is too small". But random guy is still able to put twigs near structures and ignite it. It is more difficult and takes time, and now people can protect their bases. Also I have a mod which makes smoldering much more slower.

Yeah, with my idea, it would prevent everything except summer combustion. P: It's more of a player protection that could have a function in PVP as well.

+4 anger when sprayed on the Dragonfly

Archived